cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Abhilash
Helper III
Helper III

Get folder metadata using path sharepoint action failed

Hi All,

We are using "Get Folder Metadata using path" action getting failed without any modification done to the flow. The same was working before, we are getting "Folder not found error" but when we checked folder is created.

Abhilash_0-1628656004398.png

 

Please guide me on this.

 

5 REPLIES 5
CharlesHale
Frequent Visitor

I found this same issue today with my flows using this action. I had to remove the '/' from the end of string for the path.

 

Folder Path that fails:

/outputs('Compose')/

 

Folder Path that works:

/outputs('Compose')

 

Hope this helps, but I would like to know what Microsoft changed to cause this.

Hi @CharlesHale,

 

Yes, Even I contacted with Microsoft support engineer also on this issue. They also told the same to remove "/" at the end.  He replied that due to an update in the connector we are getting this error.

Can I ask exactly where the slash was removed, as I have the exact same issue and the action Get_folder_metadata_using_path is using a dynamic "Folder_Path" link so i don't have anything to remove?

 

Thanks.

mcalistor
Frequent Visitor

Can confirm the trailing slash "/" was breaking my flow.  Glad I found this thread, tired of banging my head against the wall.

 

substring expression to remove the last character of a string:

 

substring(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}'],0,sub(length(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}']),1))

replace triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}'] with your folder path.

pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue now resolved with assistance of a Microsoft Support person.

 

The Cause IS a code change by Microsoft somewhere in Power Automate, this is an issue created by and caused by Microsoft.

 

I use the "Folder path" Dynamic code - this is what appears to have been changed, for me.

 

Created a COMPOSE action, with the following code (expression):

substring(outputs('Action_Name')?['body/{Path}'],0,sub(length(outputs('Action_Name')?['body/{Path}']),1))

 

This fixed the issue for now, but IF Microsoft make a change to revert back to the previous code - this will need to be removed.

For now - all is working again.

Very annoying of Microsoft to make these changes with no notice - this is unacceptable for any company, and is making the use of Power Apps, something to think seriously about 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,149)