cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
forstera
Helper III
Helper III

Problem accessing the field of an Sharepoint list

Hello,

I've a problem I can't solve by myself... and it's very 'annyoing'

 

I first create a SharePoint List to retrieve my data from a REST API call on our school database.

 

But, when I create a new Sharepoint list, the first field 'Titel' is automatically added.  So, as I didnt like the field name, I changed it

why the primary fieldname of my database : PK1

 

forstera_0-1623918783459.png

 

Now my list look like this : 

forstera_1-1623918970080.png

 

Then, I wanted to filter my list usink this primary key (Pk1), no worry when creating my action : 

forstera_2-1623919209363.png

but the filter returns always an empty element. So, after digging into the results, I realized that in fact, for the system, my column name  had always the name 'Title' and not Pk1 !

forstera_3-1623919332042.png

And of course, when creating a anction to filter my array, the column name 'Title' is not propozed into the list ; only 'Pk1'

is there a way  to force the new column name in the system ? 

 

Thanks to all for your help 🙂

 

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @forstera 

 

Your filter Pk1 is correct here

 

image.png

What is the item() you are comparing to?

 

Since you modified its the display name is changed but the schema always will be Title. You can't rename the schema. So in your case Pk1 is the display name and behind the seen Title is your SharePoint schema name. Your filter is correct. I would say please look into item() what you comparing to? Check the run history for item()?



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @forstera 

 

Your filter Pk1 is correct here

 

image.png

What is the item() you are comparing to?

 

Since you modified its the display name is changed but the schema always will be Title. You can't rename the schema. So in your case Pk1 is the display name and behind the seen Title is your SharePoint schema name. Your filter is correct. I would say please look into item() what you comparing to? Check the run history for item()?



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

@abm thanks for your message and the explanations ! That's always good for me if I understand what's happen 'behind the scene' because I need to understand the way it works ! 

Sorry, I can't say what was inside the 'item()' field because I changed my process to make it working.. but I'll be back with that because I'll have to work on other lists.

Anyway, thans very much for the explanation 🙂 

 

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,694)