cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LasseChristians
Regular Visitor

Problem with 'Directly to Machine' connection to remote desktop

Hello,

With the depreciation of Gateways for desktop flows, I want to change my connection to my VM to Directly to Machine.
However, when I try and establish a connection with Manage your connections, I select Directly to Machine, select the VM in the dropdown, enter credentials, and then I get the following error (more info below):

The connection could not be established: [Machine 45115bd6-f75e-4cfd-aa74-5f3e925b6b38] The endpoint was not found. No endpoint connection has been established. Make sure your computer is online. Correlation ID: e07ba5b7-f3d2-48f5-8afb-225b7e24db29

I've tried with the VM on and off. 
PA is the most up to date version. 
I have no issue creating a connection to my regular desktop computer with the directly to a machine function. 

I've had no issues with the Gateway function. 

I am using my own Microsoft account as "admin" for all Power Automate stuff, and the VM has a separate Microsoft account. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LasseChristians
Regular Visitor

@Pstork1 

I made it work. 

I opened the VM, logged into it's own MS account on the PA Platform, created the connection, worked for some reason? then shared the connection with my admin account. Works now. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did you register the machine with Power Automate?  That's required for the direct connection and wasn't required when using a gateway.  Manage machines - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
LasseChristians
Regular Visitor

Hi @Pstork1 
Thank you for your swift reply. 
Yes, it's been registered and is running in the same environment. 

The next thing I would check then would the network configuration.  I assume this is an Azure VM.  The ports for connecting to it as a registered machine may not be available. I believe they are slightly different than a gateway.

I was also wondering where you saw an announcement that gateways were "Deprecated".  I know machine groups are preferred, but hadn't seen anything about deprecation of Gateways.

LasseChristians
Regular Visitor

@Pstork1 

I made it work. 

I opened the VM, logged into it's own MS account on the PA Platform, created the connection, worked for some reason? then shared the connection with my admin account. Works now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,341)