Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielst
Helper I
Helper I

Update Data in CDS from csv

Hello!
My question is about updating data that is stored in the Common Data Service.

I have built a PowerApp that is based on this data. In simple terms, this data consists of two columns: Name of an item and stock level.

The stock level is updated in the external ERP system and this table is exported daily from a csv file, as a direct connection to the ERP system is not possible.

Now to my question: After my research, I have unfortunately not found an answer to this. What is the best way to perform such a data import from csv files into the Common Data Service environment on a regular basis? The stock should be updated, the names of the articles usually remain the same. Or is it necessary to delete all data every day and import it again? Is there a type of Data Import System job that can be done daily by Dynamics?

Please advise me on this.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
muralidharan
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @danielst ,

Can you please refer the below approach and it should be helpful to you.

You can do a scheduler to read the file from particular location on OneDrive or SharePoint, read the data and insert into Dataverse table. 

muralidharan_0-1622197011537.png

Thanks,

Murali.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
muralidharan
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @danielst ,

Can you please refer the below approach and it should be helpful to you.

You can do a scheduler to read the file from particular location on OneDrive or SharePoint, read the data and insert into Dataverse table. 

muralidharan_0-1622197011537.png

Thanks,

Murali.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,419)