Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaroh_bits
Helper V
Helper V

connection not configured for this service

Hi All,

Background Info

• Using Power Apps and Power Automate with back end as Dataverse.
  • All Artefacts are under a Solution with maker.powerapps.com for ease to move to environments at later stage.   
  • We need to generate PDF via OneDrive (no premium connector)  and send email to end user when workflow completes.

What Works:

• As flow owners for that workflow and has following connections

aaroh_bits_0-1618457635286.png

• Once workflow kicks in a success message in Power Apps is shown asaaroh_bits_6-1618457780193.png

• Submit button action in Power Apps is as follows:

If(
   Not(IsSubmitError),
    IfError(
        PurchaseRequestApprovalSubmission.Run(Text(HelpDeskWorkflow)),
        UpdateContext({IsSubmitError: true});
        Notify(
            "The workflow was failed to start. Message: " & ErrorInfo.Message & "& Error Kind" & ErrorKind,
            Error
        ),
        UpdateContext({IsSubmitError: false})
    )
);

What does not work

Other non- flow owners do not trigger the workflow

• User Alex as following connection and OneDrive connected for Alex’s account.
    aaroh_bits_2-1618457635295.png
  • But when I clicks on Submit  workflow, he gets this error

aaroh_bits_3-1618457635296.png

• Tried may other options such as
  • We removed the OneDrive action inside flow, then re-add back. Then updating the connection reference inside the app.
  • We ensured there’s no other dummy connection inside the flow. Then updating the connection reference inside the app.
  • We Deleted the OneDrive connection that connects to the flow, then re-add back. Then updating the connection reference inside the app.
  • We created another dummy app, trigger the workflow, then the error message shows up as: “HelpDeskWorkflow.Run failed: connection not configured for this service”.
  • We created another dummy app, create another dummy flow, both are outside the solution, the workflow triggers just fine.
  • We Exported the flow package (.zip), then import back to the environment.
  • With the imported flow package (.zip), we created another dummy app and trigger the workflow, it works as per normal again. The flow was imported outside the solution and can’t be added into the solution.

Stumbled into a quite a few of issues in the community forum

PowerApps Flow Error : "Connection not configured for this service", when its in included in the Managed Solution and deployed

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Flow-Error-quot-Connection-not-con...
My experience with connector/connection problems, and multiple connections to same connector  
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/My-experience-with-connector-connection-probl...

Connection not configured for this service (with Microsoft Support ticket details )

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Connection-not-configured-for-this-service/m...

Any suggestions or pointer will be greatly appreciated.

@martinav @CFernandes  @jinivthakkar  @Pstork1  @v-xida-msft 

115 REPLIES 115
indhaa
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

Check by going to the Powerapps datasource. Check the status of the flow connection. If it say Not Connected, remove and ADD the flow again. This will restore the connection.

well it is not connected. but the thing is i want the solution to be managed and not allow app configurations.

i tried several ways since the app and flow was not initially created in the solution but added later on.

I dont want to allow users in other tenants to customize.

Is there any other way?

indhaa
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

If you don't give the rights, they won't be able to customize.
When I try exporting, every time one flow connection goes away and others remain intact. I don't have any idea why I'm having issue with that flow. Most of the solution provided in the community was to reconnect. So in order to do that , you need to export unmanaged solution. 

I'm sorry I was no help.

Thank you for your response!

There are several bugs that needs to be fixed in order for exporting solution to function properly.

These are known issues

Do i handle the rights from the new tenant? Since i dont have much experience with the admin center and user roles. Can i prevent that from my tenant?

indhaa
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

When sharing the App with others, if you don't assign co-owners they cannot edit the app. I meant like that we can restrict customization. Hope that what you need

liridonuka
Advocate I
Advocate I

What you actually missing here according to error message is assigning security role (Basic User and Flow RP - Role) to the users.

In my case I had a working canvas app with "Basic User" permission assigned to the user, and everything was working great.

Then I copied the solution to another environment so I could start deploying updates to the prod environment from a dev environment and even testing them in a test environment first. Well I got it all working (using all unmanaged solutions) after some trial and error, but at first after importing the new unmanaged solution and updating the existing solution in the prod environment, I was getting OP's same error for the first (and presumably all) flow(s) that would run inside the app.

Did importing a new version of the solution cause the "Basic User" permission to get overwritten? Since I had already created that permission, I went with the suggestion provided by @aaroh_bits but now I too am wondering what, if any, unwanted permissions I've just granted by doing so.

I believe I have the SharePoint site locked down where each list or file or library has the permissions required to keep private data private. I've previously gone through each SharePoint list and modified the permissions so users can only read and edit records they've personally created (and various other permissions like read-only but no edit or read and edit all, depending on the requirements of each list), and that works fine for that one SharePoint site, but what about other data and files? All I did was change "Process" to "Read". But I did notice a lot more green in my settings, compared to @aaroh_bits, makes me wonder if my settings are too broad to scale this up with privacy requirements intact.

So, at least in my use case, it did seem like more than just the existence of the "Basic User" security role...

@liridonuka wrote:

What you actually missing here according to error message is assigning security role (Basic User and Flow RP - Role) to the users.

Will I have to fix this same problem again every time I update the prod environment solution using an exported unmanaged solution from the dev environment?

EDIT: Update, I checked again just now and all three of my environments (dev, test, prod) all have the same (default?) settings as @aaroh_bits and "Read" permission is NOT set to "organization" but only "user"!!! I swear I changed this and saved it in the prod environment yesterday. I can't remember if I updated the solution again after that... but yeah it doesn't seem like the change I made to that setting actually matters? I'm so confused now.

HEATFreight
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Everything is working for me now somehow with the default of Process>Read>User, but I swear to Sol I changed that setting yesterday! But it could be something that automatically gets updated by other processes or settings changes? Or something weird is going on. I also swear I saw a lot more green (high level permissions) in a lot more columns in that >Customization tab of the "Basic User" security role, but it's possible I was looking while the solution was still finishing import? Otherwise I can't explain why I remember seeing a ton of more permissive settings than I'm seeing now and why that particular Process>Read>Organization setting change didn't seem to take. I assume it just resets if you update the unmanaged solution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The issue with this is that fact that you PowerApp will no longer be Managed.  It essentially becomes unmanaged and any solution updates will not take in the PowerApps going forward.

I have never used a managed solution in my prod environment. Everything works fine.

I update prod solution by exporting dev solution unmanaged and importing into prod. Maybe one day I will switch to managed, but for now this is working for me. The prod environment is only used by two people currently, so this feels like the right way to go about it. Everything is much easier when unmanaged.

I did test a managed solution in my test environment and I didn't understand what was going on or how it was all supposed to work. So I stuck with unmanaged. Eventually it will probably be necessary to switch to managed, but currently I don't understand all the implications of managed vs. unmanaged. Always learning!

What I can say for sure is that the >Security Roles >Basic User >Process >Read >Organization setting did take for good this time. It seems to remain set to organization even after updating my solution, which makes sense because it's an environment level setting. Not sure why it disappeared after the first time I changed it. Changing the setting fixed the issue I was having, so it seems like the setting change worked. But then later I saw that it had reset back to default. Yet now the >Organization permission is persistent. Go figure.

Yeah, I was just trying to follow MS process.  Un-Managed for Dev,  Managed for Staging and Prod.   What you are doing is fine as long as it works for you.

Setting Security Roles >Basic User >Process >Read worked for me after I made sure my users were set as Basic Users.

Typical MS

KodyN
Frequent Visitor

Has this been solved for anyone yet? I have a similar issue.

Wanting to follow MS process and have Un-managed dev projects imported as a managed solution into a production environment. 

Currently this seems to break flow connections anywhere from outright not recognizing workflow id's to just spitting back "Connection not configured..."

This seems to have been a known issue for at least 2 years now. Anything yet?

indhaa
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

HI

Did you check rights of the users for the SP list?

Also I found when exporting, if the flow owners is different from test and dev environment this happens.

KodyN
Frequent Visitor

The flow flat out doesn't run in general. I don't think that it has anything to do with SP but I will check. Only one flow connection fails every time no matter how I import or export(Same flow each time).

I looked at the canvas app flow connection using the default solution of the production environment and it says that the flow is not connected. Like mentioned before by others, I can't edit that without creating another unmanaged layer which defeats the point of having a managed solution in the first place.

KodyN
Frequent Visitor

Checked SP list and all the flow user is an owner. 

As for exporting flows and importing using the same owner for the connection, how can you do that if it's in a separate organization? Most of our projects will involve using our organization tenant to build the apps and follow this pattern:
development env > export managed > switch tenant > switch to prod env > import managed

How can that user exist in both tenants?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your solution worked for me, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked for our organisation.  Many thanks for publishing this here. 

I have to admit though; I am confused why this subtle change is needed in the Basic User Role to carry this action out?

Also check the user is member of the environments users in the admin center.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is June 2022 and I have similar issue.

Users are working find last few weeks and suddenly some users fail to trigger flows from canvas app.

Perform the permission change for Process > Read > Organization and seems to be fixed.

Also when I exported an unmanaged solution and import to another environment (same tenant). I found that beside the owner (who imported the solution) everyone else including System Admin cannot associate the app with other workflows. The error is "Failed during http send request". 

I spent at least a week to understand how solution work and setup environment variables. End up it is just a buggy approach. It is really not a good choice. Solution only add 10 layers of complexity to your work.

Helpful resources

Announcements

April 2024 Community Newsletter

We're pleased to share the April Community Newsletter, where we highlight the latest news, product releases, upcoming events, and the amazing work of our outstanding Community members.   If you're new to the Community, please make sure to follow the latest News & Announcements and check out the Community on LinkedIn as well! It's the best way to stay up-to-date with all the news from across Microsoft Power Platform and beyond.    COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS   Check out the most active community members of the last month! These hardworking members are posting regularly, answering questions, kudos, and providing top solutions in their communities. We are so thankful for each of you--keep up the great work! If you hope to see your name here next month, follow these awesome community members to see what they do!   Power AppsPower AutomateCopilot StudioPower PagesWarrenBelzDeenujialexander2523ragavanrajanLaurensMManishSolankiMattJimisonLucas001AmikcapuanodanilostephenrobertOliverRodriguestimlAndrewJManikandanSFubarmmbr1606VishnuReddy1997theMacResolutionsVishalJhaveriVictorIvanidzejsrandhawahagrua33ikExpiscornovusFGuerrero1PowerAddictgulshankhuranaANBExpiscornovusprathyooSpongYeNived_Nambiardeeksha15795apangelesGochixgrantjenkinsvasu24Mfon   LATEST NEWS   Business Applications Launch Event - On Demand In case you missed the Business Applications Launch Event, you can now catch up on all the announcements and watch the entire event on-demand inside Charles Lamanna's latest cloud blog.   This is your one stop shop for all the latest Copilot features across Power Platform and #Dynamics365, including first-hand looks at how companies such as Lenovo, Sonepar, Ford Motor Company, Omnicom and more are using these new capabilities in transformative ways. Click the image below to watch today!   Power Platform Community Conference 2024 is here! It's time to look forward to the next installment of the Power Platform Community Conference, which takes place this year on 18-20th September 2024 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas!   Come and be inspired by Microsoft senior thought leaders and the engineers behind the #PowerPlatform, with Charles Lamanna, Sangya Singh, Ryan Cunningham, Kim Manis, Nirav Shah, Omar Aftab and Leon Welicki already confirmed to speak. You'll also be able to learn from industry experts and Microsoft MVPs who are dedicated to bridging the gap between humanity and technology. These include the likes of Lisa Crosbie, Victor Dantas, Kristine Kolodziejski, David Yack, Daniel Christian, Miguel Félix, and Mats Necker, with many more to be announced over the coming weeks.   Click here to watch our brand-new sizzle reel for #PPCC24 or click the image below to find out more about registration. See you in Vegas!       Power Up Program Announces New Video-Based Learning Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram. These include a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the image below to find out more!   UPCOMING EVENTS Microsoft Build - Seattle and Online - 21-23rd May 2024 Taking place on 21-23rd May 2024 both online and in Seattle, this is the perfect event to learn more about low code development, creating copilots, cloud platforms, and so much more to help you unleash the power of AI.   There's a serious wealth of talent speaking across the three days, including the likes of Satya Nadella, Amanda K. Silver, Scott Guthrie, Sarah Bird, Charles Lamanna, Miti J., Kevin Scott, Asha Sharma, Rajesh Jha, Arun Ulag, Clay Wesener, and many more.   And don't worry if you can't make it to Seattle, the event will be online and totally free to join. Click the image below to register for #MSBuild today!   European Collab Summit - Germany - 14-16th May 2024 The clock is counting down to the amazing European Collaboration Summit, which takes place in Germany May 14-16, 2024. #CollabSummit2024 is designed to provide cutting-edge insights and best practices into Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Teams, Viva, and so much more. There's a whole host of experts speakers across the three-day event, including the likes of Vesa Juvonen, Laurie Pottmeyer, Dan Holme, Mark Kashman, Dona Sarkar, Gavin Barron, Emily Mancini, Martina Grom, Ahmad Najjar, Liz Sundet, Nikki Chapple, Sara Fennah, Seb Matthews, Tobias Martin, Zoe Wilson, Fabian Williams, and many more.   Click the image below to find out more about #ECS2024 and register today!     Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Conference - Seattle - 3-7th June If you're looking to turbo boost your Power Platform skills this year, why not take a look at everything TechCon365 has to offer at the Seattle Convention Center on June 3-7, 2024.   This amazing 3-day conference (with 2 optional days of workshops) offers over 130 sessions across multiple tracks, alongside 25 workshops presented by Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Viva, Azure, Copilot and AI experts. There's a great array of speakers, including the likes of Nirav Shah, Naomi Moneypenny, Jason Himmelstein, Heather Cook, Karuana Gatimu, Mark Kashman, Michelle Gilbert, Taiki Y., Kristi K., Nate Chamberlain, Julie Koesmarno, Daniel Glenn, Sarah Haase, Marc Windle, Amit Vasu, Joanne C Klein, Agnes Molnar, and many more.   Click the image below for more #Techcon365 intel and register today!     For more events, click the image below to visit the Microsoft Community Days website.      

Tuesday Tip | Update Your Community Profile Today!

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   We're excited to announce that updating your community profile has never been easier! Keeping your profile up to date is essential for staying connected and engaged with the community.   Check out the following Support Articles with these topics: Accessing Your Community ProfileRetrieving Your Profile URLUpdating Your Community Profile Time ZoneChanging Your Community Profile Picture (Avatar)Setting Your Date Display Preferences Click on your community link for more information: Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages, Copilot Studio   Thank you for being an active part of our community. Your contributions make a difference! Best Regards, The Community Management Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Super User of the Month | Ahmed Salih

We're thrilled to announce that Ahmed Salih is our Super User of the Month for April 2024. Ahmed has been one of our most active Super Users this year--in fact, he kicked off the year in our Community with this great video reminder of why being a Super User has been so important to him!   Ahmed is the Senior Power Platform Architect at Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. He's been a Super User for two seasons and is also a Microsoft MVP! He's celebrating his 3rd year being active in the Community--and he's received more than 500 kudos while authoring nearly 300 solutions. Ahmed's contributions to the Super User in Training program has been invaluable, with his most recent session with SUIT highlighting an incredible amount of best practices and tips that have helped him achieve his success.   Ahmed's infectious enthusiasm and boundless energy are a key reason why so many Community members appreciate how he brings his personality--and expertise--to every interaction. With all the solutions he provides, his willingness to help the Community learn more about Power Platform, and his sheer joy in life, we are pleased to celebrate Ahmed and all his contributions! You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Congratulations, Ahmed--thank you for being a SUPER user!

Tuesday Tip: Getting Started with Private Messages & Macros

Welcome to TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   This Week's Tip: Private Messaging & Macros in Power Apps Community   Do you want to enhance your communication in the Community and streamline your interactions? One of the best ways to do this is to ensure you are using Private Messaging--and the ever-handy macros that are available to you as a Community member!   Our Knowledge Base article about private messaging and macros is the best place to find out more. Check it out today and discover some key tips and tricks when it comes to messages and macros:   Private Messaging: Learn how to enable private messages in your community profile and ensure you’re connected with other community membersMacros Explained: Discover the convenience of macros—prewritten text snippets that save time when posting in forums or sending private messagesCreating Macros: Follow simple steps to create your own macros for efficient communication within the Power Apps CommunityUsage Guide: Understand how to apply macros in posts and private messages, enhancing your interaction with the Community For detailed instructions and more information, visit the full page in your community today:Power Apps: Enabling Private Messaging & How to Use Macros (Power Apps)Power Automate: Enabling Private Messaging & How to Use Macros (Power Automate)  Copilot Studio: Enabling Private Messaging &How to Use Macros (Copilot Studio) Power Pages: Enabling Private Messaging & How to Use Macros (Power Pages)

Tuesday Tip: Subscriptions & Notifications

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!   This Week: All About Subscriptions & Notifications We don't want you to a miss a thing in the Community! The best way to make sure you know what's going on in the News & Announcements, to blogs you follow, or forums and galleries you're interested in is to subscribe! These subscriptions ensure you receive automated messages about the most recent posts and replies. Even better, there are multiple ways you can subscribe to content and boards in the community! (Please note: if you have created an AAD (Azure Active Directory) account you won't be able to receive e-mail notifications.)   Subscribing to a Category  When you're looking at the entire category, select from the Options drop down and choose Subscribe.     You can then choose to Subscribe to all of the boards or select only the boards you want to receive notifications. When you're satisfied with your choices, click Save.     Subscribing to a Topic You can also subscribe to a single topic by clicking Subscribe from the Options drop down menu, while you are viewing the topic or in the General board overview, respectively.     Subscribing to a Label Find the labels at the bottom left of a post.From a particular post with a label, click on the label to filter by that label. This opens a window containing a list of posts with the label you have selected. Click Subscribe.     Note: You can only subscribe to a label at the board level. If you subscribe to a label named 'Copilot' at board #1, it will not automatically subscribe you to an identically named label at board #2. You will have to subscribe twice, once at each board.   Bookmarks Just like you can subscribe to topics and categories, you can also bookmark topics and boards from the same menus! Simply go to the Topic Options drop down menu to bookmark a topic or the Options drop down to bookmark a board. The difference between subscribing and bookmarking is that subscriptions provide you with notifications, whereas bookmarks provide you a static way of easily accessing your favorite boards from the My subscriptions area.   Managing & Viewing Your Subscriptions & Bookmarks To manage your subscriptions, click on your avatar and select My subscriptions from the drop-down menu.     From the Subscriptions & Notifications tab, you can manage your subscriptions, including your e-mail subscription options, your bookmarks, your notification settings, and your email notification format.     You can see a list of all your subscriptions and bookmarks and choose which ones to delete, either individually or in bulk, by checking multiple boxes.     A Note on Following Friends on Mobile Adding someone as a friend or selecting Follow in the mobile view does not allow you to subscribe to their activity feed. You will merely be able to see your friends’ biography, other personal information, or online status, and send messages more quickly by choosing who to send the message to from a list, as opposed to having to search by username.

Users online (5,689)