cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ell_
Helper I
Helper I

Training failed in previously working AI model

I added additional training documents to the AI model.

Now it is failing saying the model cannot be used. The existing current published model is still working but I cna't seem to edit and retrain it and add further collections or even documents of the same as the existing collections.

Training failed and the model cannot be used.
Edit the model to retrain it. If the error persists, learn more about common issues and resolutions​.​
(Configuration id: ... )

Now even with removing the new documents it is still failing. The help articles are no help 😞

@JoeF-MSFT  is this something you could help with? 

It's not a temporary error as it has not been working for days. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello again @Ell_,

We found a possible cause. If you edit your model, navigate to the step shown on the screenshot below and go to the fourth collection. Is there any field tagged in that collection? It seems no field has been tagged in any of the documents in that collection. Each document needs to be tagged with at least one field for the training to be successful. 

JoeFMSFT_0-1625152081580.png

Let me know if this is the case. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ell_
Helper I
Helper I

The model doesn't seem to have an ID after models in the URL below? Is that an issue?
...environments/Default-6a3aa72f-0f23-4e96-89e3-22a60a9bec03/aibuilder/models

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Ell_,

Apologies for this issue and thanks for reporting it.

Could you please share the Configuration id: you get? It is safe to share it on this thread, but if you prefer you can also share it with me via private message. With that info we can start the investigation and get you unblocked.

Hi Joe please see below.
Thanks for your assistance.

(Configuration id: 2a154ad3-cb55-497e-8045-baa48ded9995)

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you very much @Ell_. We are starting to investigate the cause of this. I'll update you as soon as we understand the cause. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello again @Ell_,

We found a possible cause. If you edit your model, navigate to the step shown on the screenshot below and go to the fourth collection. Is there any field tagged in that collection? It seems no field has been tagged in any of the documents in that collection. Each document needs to be tagged with at least one field for the training to be successful. 

JoeFMSFT_0-1625152081580.png

Let me know if this is the case. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Hi @JoeF-MSFT 
This has worked!  Thankyou.
I am not sure why it worked for so long and then suddenly it stopped successfully training due to this collection. I deleted the whole collection and it allowed it to complete training.

I have noticed sometimes when opening previously trained collections sometimes I have to reassign fields that had previously already been done. Maybe it is an error somewhere. 
Thanks again. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Great to hear that your model is working again. Thank you again @Ell_ for letting us know about this. We are going to improve the experience to prevent AI models reaching this error state. 

Feel free to reach out anytime! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,325)