cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emanshu
Frequent Visitor

Adding & Updating Excel Data to SharePoint List AutomateError: Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item' in when Updating Sharepoint LIst from Excel

I have a flow that updates a sharepoint list from an excel file siting in a document library. 

It works unless I am also trying to update a date field from the Excel file to the SP List. 

Original Error Received was - 

Emanshu_1-1643855282424.png

So I tried this solution https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Excel-file-to-list-flow-date-issue/m-p/279258#M28...

using this expresssion (addDays('1899-12-31',int(item()['field_15']),'yyyy-MM-dd')

BUT then I received this error

Emanshu_2-1643855411674.png

Here is an outline of my flow - 

Emanshu_0-1643855254191.png

Emanshu_3-1643855574090.png

Emanshu_4-1643855633181.png

And here is a snippet of the data column -

The Column is under a Date Format - and the SP List is also a Date format as the file. 

Emanshu_5-1643855880092.png

Here is the original guide I used to set up this flow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDOwoPG9ua8

As mentioned earlier the flow works just fine without trying to update the date field. 

I have tried multiple other soultuions below

addDays('1899-12-31',int('field_15'),'yyyy-MM-dd')

addDays('1899-12-31',int(item()['Client Filing Deadline']),'yyyy-MM-dd')

addDays('1899-12-31',int(['Client Filing Deadline']),'yyyy-MM-dd')

formatDate(item()['Client Filing Deadline'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

formatDate(item()['field_15'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emanshu
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

So I realized what my issues was - I was missing the items('Apply_To_Each')? in my expression. 

addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_To_Each')?['Client Filing Deadline']),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Is there any reason why Power Automate just says the expression is invalid and has no suggestions? 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Emanshu
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

So I realized what my issues was - I was missing the items('Apply_To_Each')? in my expression. 

addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_To_Each')?['Client Filing Deadline']),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Is there any reason why Power Automate just says the expression is invalid and has no suggestions? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,408)