cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JG4498
Frequent Visitor

Cannot extract just the email from array of person type field

I have a list that has a person type field. I filter to one item based on another field in the list using a filter query (get item). I want to then get the email address of each person in the person list for the row returned, and add it to a string variable with a semi colon in between.  I am getting the correct row back, but the person field (named "distribution list", which has multiple people in it) is full of all sorts of metadata I don't need.  So obviously the email fails as an invalid address.  Has anybody done this before?  Here is the step in my flow:

JG4498_0-1611591658243.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @JG4498 ,

Check https://youtu.be/GyoD0DD_fW0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @JG4498 ,

Check https://youtu.be/GyoD0DD_fW0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

JG4498
Frequent Visitor

I will check it out thanks

Awesome!  Worked perfectly thanks Reza!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,104)