cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skarthanal
Helper I
Helper I

Check Out SharePoint Document to specific person

I am trying to create a Parent/Child Flow that will checkout a document in a Sharepoint library but also check it out based on a specific person.  Below is a snapshot of what I built, please note that this Flow runs under a service account.  This flow works but it checks the document out under the service account but I want to be able to change who it is checked out to.  I see the internal value of the field is CheckOutUser but it is not changing.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can achieve this?

screenshot.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

File Check out is always done by individual who ensures to edit the file and as such lock it from others to edit. 

Can you explain the requirement or need to check out file for other user?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye i want to power automate to check out the document to the person who last modified it.  If i can figure out how to set that value then i can use a variable or lookup to check it out to anyone.  I know that we can chane the last modified by and date created values using REST api but i am not able to set the checked out to field.

Yes - the user case I have is:

1. User A fills out form 
  2. Flow is triggered, but all actions run under my instance 
  3. Flow checks out a file on SharePoint to User A 

@z3019494 Thank you for the response.  Can you show me how you set that up?

My bad - I should've been more clear in my post that I would like to set up such as user case (i.e. I don't have it set up and don't know how to check a file out for someone else 🤦‍♂️)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (45,054)