cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FocusAndrew

Comparing Results From Choice Field On Form

Hi All,

I am new to Flow and loving it, however running into some difficulty getting it to do what I want.

I have created a flow to take the data from a form and put it into a SharePoint list. This works perfectly.

Now I want the form to have a choice field where only one option can be selected to put the content into one of 3 SharePoint lists based on the choice selected.

In the form I need to check which one of those choice fields is selected and route the rest of the flow accordingly.

I have modified my working flow.

I have tried using a condition but cannot seem to get the logic correct, I thought that if I checked if the field is equal to and the choice name it would work but it doesn't.

So I need the form to submit and the flow to check the choice field, if option 1 then follow the flow to populate list 1, if option 2 then follow the flow to populate list 2 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

If only one option is available your logic should work. Your condition must match the answer on your form exactly though. You could use contains instead and use part of the response that only that option has for instance. 

Pick a thing:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Then in the flow say 

If (Pick a thing       contains       1)

Yes                                                                    No

create item in list 1                                           If (Pick a thing               contains                 2)

Yes                                                     No

create item in list 2                              so on....

Or you could use a switch and do the same but it once again must match exactly the answer that comes through on the form.

Case 1: Pick a thing  equals Option 1

Case 2: Pick a thing equals  Option 2

You can get the exact answers from the form by expanding the "Get Response Details" in the flow run history.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

If only one option is available your logic should work. Your condition must match the answer on your form exactly though. You could use contains instead and use part of the response that only that option has for instance. 

Pick a thing:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Then in the flow say 

If (Pick a thing       contains       1)

Yes                                                                    No

create item in list 1                                           If (Pick a thing               contains                 2)

Yes                                                     No

create item in list 2                              so on....

Or you could use a switch and do the same but it once again must match exactly the answer that comes through on the form.

Case 1: Pick a thing  equals Option 1

Case 2: Pick a thing equals  Option 2

You can get the exact answers from the form by expanding the "Get Response Details" in the flow run history.

Hi Jdoss,

That's where I am heading but I don't know what action type to choose to do this.

I have a condition, but whatever I put in the boxes does not seem to work.

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Can you share a screen shot of the flow in edit mode?

These are examples, the #5 in the condition is a question on the form.

condition.pngswitch.png

Hiya,

I nailed it.

I had to put the information in the Condition the other way around like this:

FocusAndrew_0-1611261959839.png

This way seems to work the way I need it to.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,741)