Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Export List Items in a View to CSV

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flow where when an item is added to a SharePoint list, a CSV is created and placed in a SharePoint library with all of the columns filled out.  I can get close to what I'm looking for through the Flow below, but I'm unable to specify that it pulls the information from a view, and not the whole list.  Is there a way to do this strictly through items in the view?

ExportFlow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Export List Items in a View to CSV

Hi @MikeNJ00 ,

Limit Columns by view cannot be used as a condition for filtering items. As the test results show, it only limits the display of columns.

It is recommended that you migrate the conditions you used when creating the view to Filter Query, please check this blog for more details on configuring Filter Query:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/11/12/microsoft-flow-filter-queries-in-sharepoint-get-items/

In addition, if you have any doubts, please tell us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @MikeNJ00 

Yes, you can here.

2020-01-22 15_39_04-Create your flow _ Power Automate.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

In the Get items step, insure that you have the Limit Columns by View with the proper view selected, like so:

ListColumnsByView.png

If that doesn't help, if you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, we could likely better assist you. 

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I tried limiting columns by view, but that seemed to only pull in the columns in the view, but still displayed all of the items in the list, even though the view displays items that have a certain criteria.

For example.  I have a choice column "Work Division" The choices are "East" "West"

I created a view to only display items that are tagged as "East"

I'd like only those items to show in the export if possible

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

HI @MikeNJ00 

I know this is super basic, but check if the view has a * next to it? If so you need to save it by click pick "Save as" and pick the same name you'll include in the action.

2020-01-22 16_00_44-PMO - Project - My Projects.png

Also, you can use the "Edit Current View" and add all the conditions that you need in this section. I'm almost sure that you have the view but it's not filtering still because the action should fetch the information you see in the view.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@manuelstgomes 

view is correct and only showing two items you see below.  I have that same view selected in the flow, but my export is still pulling every item in the list

View.PNGGetItems.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeNJ00 ,

Limit Columns by view cannot be used as a condition for filtering items. As the test results show, it only limits the display of columns.

It is recommended that you migrate the conditions you used when creating the view to Filter Query, please check this blog for more details on configuring Filter Query:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/11/12/microsoft-flow-filter-queries-in-sharepoint-get-items/

In addition, if you have any doubts, please tell us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,088)