cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CameronTCD
Level: Powered On

Flow (excel connector) not detecting SharePoint subsites

I am creating a Flow to detect changes in an Excel file which will then trigger subsequent steps. 

The problem I've ran into however, is that when I try and select the 'location'... only the top level sites are shown, not subsites. 

The difference is that the sharepoint connector has no problem finding subsites... 

Is this expected? Am I able to connect to excel files within subsites?

Regards,

CameronTCD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow (excel connector) not detecting SharePoint subsites

Hey @CameronTCD 

I tried some other combinations too but this definitely looks like a bug. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @CameronTCD 

I am able to see the subsites in the excel connector too: nh.PNG

The highlighted ones at the bottom are the subsites that I have created. You can scrolll down and check to find those subsites in the action too. 

If not, you can enter the url of the site as https://yourorgname.sharepoint.com/sites/parentsite/subsite and access the same. 

You might want to try saving the flow and log out of the browser session, start a fresh session and check this. (it might be due to a caching issue or the subsites were created after adding the action in flow)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

CameronTCD

Hi @yashag2255 

This subsite was created weeks ago, the flow was only created this morning.

Despite this, the subsite can't seem to be located on the subsequent dropdown (see below)

I would use the URL however I then get this error!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @CameronTCD 

I just checked in my environment and it kind of does not work when there are spaces in the name (eventually the url) of the site or subsite. In such cases it is working only when the site is selected from the dropdown. Can you do a Ctrl + F5 and add the excel action again to check if you are able to see the subsite now? 

You can report it as a bug here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/bd-p/BugFound and/ or raise a ticket for this issue here: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support?newTicket&product=Flow

Hope this Helps!

CameronTCD

Hey @yashag2255 

Unfortunately, that's also not worked.

I feel that this may just be a bug?

Regards,

CameronTCD

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @CameronTCD 

I tried some other combinations too but this definitely looks like a bug. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 334 members 6,034 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: