cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
franky0711
Helper III
Helper III

Flow to create Excel from Sharepoint Entriey

Hi guys,

 

I created a little PowerApp to capture working hours.

These entries will be saved in a sharepoint list.

 

My following flow is saving these elements to an excel file on Onedrive for business.

I need this excel to manually import it in a SAP transaction IW44

 

My problem is that my flow switches to "Apply for all". So I get all elements again after adding one in my PowerApp.

 

What is the best way to make sure that onlye a new entry and not already existing rows will be created in my desired Excel?

 

Sorry if it's easy, but I dont get it atm 😞

 

pic1.JPGBild555.jpgBild666.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @franky0711,

 

If it is ID column, when you append it into the array variable, the IDlist is considered as a string array:Annotation 2020-04-16 171404.png

 So, you should convert the ID from the SharePoint into string by using string() function:Annotation 2020-04-16 172053.png

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @franky0711  you can list all of your excel rows into an Array variablen then you can compare, if some of your content exist into your excel just do nothing but if not exist create a new one.

 

See the example can help you on how can you add in a variable the list of an excel.

1.PNG

 

Then outside your apply to each just create your condition to do the compare I told you.



Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!


If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hey and thank you for reply @ChristianAbata:

I thought I understood, so i tried follwing flow.

 

unfortunatly my condition goes everytime on "TRUE", even if i already have a cell in my excel with "Vorgang" = "0010".

 

I think maybe my condition is not working probably cause of format (text/value)??

 

Thank you guys 🙂

 

Unbe11111nannt.JPG

not working...

 

@ChristianAbata :

 

I switched to this solution:

 

Very easy - hopefully its working 🙂

 

 

1234Unbenannt.JPG

Hi @franky0711,

 

Please have a try the contains condition, if the array of the List Excel contains the Auftrag for the newly created item, it will go to the true branch.

Annotation 2020-04-16 093652.png

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-litu-msft 


thank you again for helping me! 

I tried with Column "Auftrag" and it worked with "contains".

 

So I switched back to my real condition which should check "ID" from Excel with "ID" from Sharepoint.

This is unfortunatly not working with your Condition mentioned.

 

I wrote one line in my Excel with ID "35" and then I created my Sharepoint entry with comes now with ID "35" aswell.

And it wrote a row into Excel (Condition "false") using follwing flow, which is not what i want. I'd like TRUE in this case 😉

 

I appreciate all support! 

Thank you guys.

 

 

77777.JPG

 

 

false instead of truefalse instead of trueFlow 1/2Flow 1/2Flow 2/2Flow 2/2

 

Hi @franky0711,

 

If it is ID column, when you append it into the array variable, the IDlist is considered as a string array:Annotation 2020-04-16 171404.png

 So, you should convert the ID from the SharePoint into string by using string() function:Annotation 2020-04-16 172053.png

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

franky0711
Helper III
Helper III

I thank you so much! 

 

Only thing I added was Initializing Sharepoint ID as String calles "SP_ID" before my condition. 

Otherwise the expression in Condition is confusing me and didnt work with ['ID']

 

condition Excel_ID contains "SP_ID".

 

 

Working 🙂

 

Thanky to all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (47,338)