cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grahambo05 Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Get Items - Query filter for contains

Is substringof supported as a query filter?

Not sure if my syntax is wrong

Example 

substringof(Market_x002f_State, 'las vegas')

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Get Items - Query filter for contains

Hi Grahambo05,

I haven’t seen a function of Substringof. There is a function of Substring which can be used to return a subset of characters from a string. Please check more details about the workflow definition language at here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

For your scenario, are you trying to use Filter query for data source such as SharePoint? Hope this doc about Odata query operation could be a reference for you, you could check the supported Odata query options at here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/use-odata-query-operations-in-sharepoint-...

Do you want to use the function to return the items which contains “las vegas”? I assume that you may consider to use Contains function to return true if dictionary contains a key. Please check the doc workflow definition language for more details.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

is substringof supportted yet?

Super User
Super User

Apparently, it is supported now.  I was trying it with the items reversed in the parenthesis.

substringof('LAM',Title)

Then, come to find out... doesnt work at all for Name in a document.  So, no luck for a SP Get Files.

Always a nuance to waste hours of time.

asdfaf4 Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

This is highly disappointing... I'd like to use ODATA filter out all files that contains ".url" but filename with extension is not supported either...  Please fully support ODATA

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,733)