cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dianne2021

MSN Weather - How to Access Specific Parameters in Flow

Hello,

I am trying to access specific parameters from MSN Weather current conditions or day forecast to use in a flow (I'm testing this by sending myself e-mails, after feeding in xy coordinate data).  I can see that some dynamic content is available, for example, Day Conditions, Day Summary, or Night Summary in the day forecast action.  However, what I actually want is specific data attributes--min and max temperatures, humidity, wind speed, etc., not a summary in sentence form, but just the parameters themselves.

I see that MSN Weather has these parameters: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/msnweather/

However, I have no idea how to call these parameters in a flow.

Can someone please guide me step-by-step on how to access these parameters to, say, e-mail myself the specifics for either the current conditions or the day forecast?  The dynamic content options are very limited and are not what I need.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dianne2021

So it appears that using the E-mail action has weather parameter limitations that I do not see in the Notifications action.  However, I can use Compose for specific outputs, and then access those in E-mail.  This is a workaround that is doable.

Thanks both of you for your help!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @Dianne2021 

You could work with expressions to get those values. Have a look at the following example:

tempHi.png

So, using an expression like:

outputs('get_the_forecast_for_tomorrow')?['body/responses/daily/tempHi']

You can get the highest temperature for tomorrow, according to the paramater name specified in the documentation.

As you can see, you can get those values using "outputs" + name of the action and access to the "body/responses/daily" data.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You can start with Out of the box template and build on top of it... Just select Create a New flow and start with template

PrasadAthalye_0-1610135028635.pngPrasadAthalye_1-1610135072946.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Can you then connect Compose to something else, for example, to send an e-mail or do another task? How would this connect?

How did you manage to get the template to give you Temperature High, Low, Rain Chance, etc.?  My Dynamic Content options do not include that but only show summaries:

Dianne2021_0-1610150117908.png

Could this be a licensing/subscription problem?

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @Dianne2021 

Using the compose action I could see the output results and its parameter names.

tempCondition.png

After that, I changed the parameter name (pvdrCap) with the one you wanted (tempHi), according to the documentation.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Dianne,

Did you scroll down and check? You can search like below.. Everything is available.. In your powerautomate, create a new flow using a template I mentioned above if you would like more help to figure out

PrasadAthalye_0-1610225108066.png

Power Automate Community
Dianne2021

Hi PrasadAthalye,

When I use the push notification template as you have done, indeed I have access to all parameters. However, I've set up my flow using xy coordinate inputs from a survey in Survey123. The location used is in Canada though I'm not sure if this is relevant.

My flow looks like this:

Dianne2021_0-1610392050733.png

I added all the code manually (even changed the syntax for the first line, Temp High), and when I e-mail myself, the code did not get parsed.  Those parameters aren't getting recognized, and I only have access to the following:

Dianne2021_1-1610392486611.png

Dianne2021_2-1610392512314.png

Dianne2021_3-1610392549784.png

Dianne2021

So it appears that using the E-mail action has weather parameter limitations that I do not see in the Notifications action.  However, I can use Compose for specific outputs, and then access those in E-mail.  This is a workaround that is doable.

Thanks both of you for your help!

Hello @Dianne2021 

In your email body, instead of searching for the parameter, use dynamic content and write an expression like:

outputs('get_forecast_for_today')?['body/responses/daily/pvdrCap']

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Glad it worked

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,950)