cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romber
Level: Powered On

Not able to Approve or Reject approval request

Hello,

I am currently facing this problem. I've got very simple PowerApp just to try approvals in MS Flow.

flow_approval_issue_1.PNG

That one button runs this very simple flow. The approver is set as my email (on the picture in the TextInput element):

flow_approval_issue_2.PNG

When I perform this action I receive an approval request on my phone so far it works as I expect. But if i try to Approve or Reject this approval request it appears the message "There was a problem with confirming your approval request" if i try to approve this in on the web no message appears but there is an infinite loading circle and nothing happens.

Run history of this flow is following 

flow_approval_issue_3.PNG

They are still running some of them even more than 2 days so far. If I open one of this run I see this.

flow_approval_issue_4.PNG

LINK FOR THIS FLOW RUN (https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/34df1392-677f-46c5-954f-a9fd6da4b4c3/flows/099b1...)

So basically it still waiting for approval or rejection but I am not able to perform this step.

Any ideas what should cause this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Not able to Approve or Reject approval request

Hi @romber,

Thanks for feedback. But it cannot be reproduced on my side.

I have made a similar flow to test this issue, when the approval request arrives, it can be Approved/Rejected either on Web or Mobile app.

1.PNG2.PNG

Which browser are you using? Please try to clear cache and try again.

What’s the version of your Mobile app? Please make sure you are using the latest version.

If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
romber

Hi, Yamao thanks for your reply. I double check everything even instal the latest app on my phone and I am getting the same result.

However, I tried to do this:

I switch to another environment (same tenant) and then built exactly the same app and flow and it works but I do not consider this as a resolved issue since I need it to work across all environments not only in some of them.

After this I tried several environments and get this results:

In my Company Default Environment (CDS 1.0) it is working (as I mentioned above).

In my own created environments test or prod (cds 2.0) it doesn't work (as I mentioned, described in my first post)

So maybe it is problem in the environment itself I don't know. Is there any change that you could check some kind of log or something, directly in my flow (URL mentioned above) or it is impossible.

romber

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

a kind reminder of the problem which I posted here, I am still stuck on this and can't figure it out. Could you please take a look at it. Thank you very much

regards

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @romber,

Which region are the environments test /prod located in?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
romber

Hello @v-yamao-msft,

I have got this environments in my company tenant (I am really employed in this company no trial sandbox tenant), 

enviroments.PNG

The first one (with the black name) is the default one (with CDS 1.0) flow is working there. Flow is also working in the last one called "TRN" (also with CDS 1.0). This two was not created by me.

Environments "ROMBER prod." (which is production type), "ROMBER Test environment" and "Test2" (test type) in this three it is not working. All of these three are created by me. 

All environments above are in Europe location.

I have also trial tenant created by me personally (for my studying and sandboxing purposes) some while ago I have got there this three environments 

enviroments2_1.PNG

First two (prod, default types) are created automatically when I create this tenant (i suppose) and the third one is created by me as a Test environment. Only the third one is on CDS 2.0. My flow approvals (same as I mentioned in the first post) works completely fine in all of this environments.

So my thoughts are that in my company (first example) in environments created by me, I don't have sufficient rights to do approvals or something like this. 

Once again thank for your help I am really desperate on this.

romber

Hi @v-yamao-msft

a kind reminder of the problem which I posted here, I am still stuck on this and can't figure it out. Could you please take a look at it. Thank you very much

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 388 members 5,667 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: