cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RdxKR

Not sure where to start...

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

1. Use web access Sharepoint, Forms and Flow to create a workflow architecture for our engineering work order process
  2. EWO “form” is already created in MS Forms
  3. Anticipated flow architecture
    • Employee is invited to access this flow process (access must be controlled)
    • Only employees with access to can fill out the form and start the flow
    • Employee fills out the form (I'd like to keep this on SharePoint and have SharePoint be the jumping-off point for all flows) (input)
    • Form response is sent via email to multiple people or available for online viewing via Forms/SharePoint/Teams, etc
    • The EWO form request is completed by form reviewer
    • Form reviewer sends output back to the original requestor as an attachment
    • Flow is closed and marked complete
  4. Key Flow metrics
    • Must be able to track time spent at each step in the flow as well as the total flow time from start to finish
    • Flow data must be exportable to Excel to analyze and filter for metric presentation.

I've got the form created (easy part).

How do I start this flow process? I'm brand new to Flow but I have done some flow processes in PLM software previously, so I do have a knowledge of workflows, just not MS Flow.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

If you have a form on a sharepoint list, you can use the trigger "when item is created"

You can send emails in flow

You can also send approvals in flow

IF you need to send something from the listen item as attachment you would need to come up with the HTML and then convert to PDF etc etc.

As for tracking the times and dates that is not a feature and therefore you would need to handly it manually and it would make the flow quite messy, but you would just need to create item's or update item's all the time in a sharepoint tracking list or some other storage mechanism.

To start either watch some youtube videos or get a consultancy in to help you and then you will learn 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,521)