cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheIntern
Helper II
Helper II

Populate parameters for "when a record is selected"

I am currently using the 'when a record is selected' trigger from a sub-grid in my model driven app, and would like to send the page URL as a parameter to this flow. With the current implementation, the user has to fill in the URL.

Is there a way to send these parameters to the flow without asking user for input?

7 REPLIES 7
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@TheIntern 

This is not currently supported you need to pass it manually but can i ask which URL you are trying to pass here as you may be able to construct it inside your flow.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

I have a sub-grid for entity2 on a form for entity1. entity2 and entity1 have a N:N relationship.

When the record is selected, I get the record ID for entity2 record. I also need the ID for the entity1 record which is present in the URL. I couldn't find a way to do this except send in the URL as a parameter.

@TheIntern 

I have simulated your requirement but unfortunately there is no way to get the Id of Entity 1 in an automatic way , may be you need to change the approach, can you tell me in more details what you are trying to achieve , what I can think of is that you can get the related records to Entity 2 in the flow itself but it is very dependent on your business requirement.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Here's what we are trying to achieve:

Let's say entity1 = account and entity2 = systemuser

- a user is added to an account, record is selected and flow is run.

- In the flow, we try to find out which account was the user associated to, so an email can be sent to the user for the account record

Currently, we are using the intersect table to query the most recent association and get account ID, but it is not very reliable since the flow may not always be run immediately after the association.

@TheIntern

So it is not an out of the box N:N it is through an intersect entity /table, do I understand this correct?

If my understanding is correct you need to trigger your flow on the creation of a record in the intersect entity /table

@Mira_Ghaly 

It is an out of box N:N. I cannot use the create as a trigger for the intersect entity as I don't want the email to be sent out every time a user is associated to the account. I can add 10 users to an account, but I may want to send emails to only 3 of them, that is the reason we have this flow running on demand.

@TheIntern unfortunately I can't see a work around to your case except if you want to change the N:N relation out of the box to custom one where u have a lookup to both accounts and user on the same entity and then when you run the workflow on demand you can get the Id of the parent as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,075)