Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

SharePoint Get Items Filter Query Date format issues

Hi,

What I though would be simple thing to do is causing me to pull my hair out! 🙂

Flow Requirement:

- Run against a SharePoint list once a week and return all the items that are newer than a predetermined date.  The SharePoint list column is a standard "Date" column, and this regional settings are UK (dd/mm/yyyy) format

Flow Configuration:

- Get Items looks up in list with the following filter query configuration

-- Get items that have a date newer than 1st October 2019

-- In an attempt to ensure that the date is read in the right format I've created the express as below

flow-spdate1.png

Flow Output:

The filter query has the wrong date, it's changed to MM/dd/yyyy so the wrong items are retrieved from the list.

flow-spdate2.png

I've played around with query filter and it constantly changes the date to MM/dd/yyyy format when the flow runs.....argh!

Any help gratefully received....or I might need to go hat shopping very soon 🙂

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

formatdatetime expects the input mm-dd-yyyy so when you convert it, that is why it is flipped because it thinks you have entered the 10th of January. Just switch the date format around in the first part of your express

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

formatdatetime expects the input mm-dd-yyyy so when you convert it, that is why it is flipped because it thinks you have entered the 10th of January. Just switch the date format around in the first part of your express

View solution in original post

@Gristy thanks for that, I thought I had tried that already and making the changes as you suggested has changed the output value

flow-spdate3.png

However it looks like the formatting wasn't my issue, as the flow is seems to be ignoring this filter query completely and is still returning the wrong items.  Remember when IT used to be straightforward.....

Rob

Edit: go this working by clearing out the formula, saving the flow then re-inserting the formula

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,063)