cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Unable to process template language expressions in action

This error message is thrown when other users trigger the flow. It runs fine for me (my account is the owner).

This is a flow that is triggered from a power app, and the error is on the second action that retrieves a SharePoint list item based on an ID passed from the app. Following is the full error message:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2181': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_approvals, shared_sharepointonline_1, shared_office365'.

When I do a peek on the Get Item action, it has the following: 

"name": "@json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']"

So, it's using a connection that is somehow not available to other users? 

I have already created a copy of the flow and reattached it to the Power App, which did not help. Any suggestions on getting the flow operational for other users?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in action

Hi @Mike2500 

Did you tried deleting the 'shared_sharepointonline' connection and recreate it. Attach it back to PowerApp again.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/What-a-suprise/m-p/95162#M24467

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I've done a save-as of the flow, attached the new copy to power apps. Same error. I added a new connection to the existing flow, and got the same error. (though, this is difficult to test, as it always works for me. Adding a new connection and rerunning previous executions that failed are still failing, but perhaps that's due to the data that's part of the previous run?)

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mike2500 

Did you tried shared the flow to one of the users so that it will be a team flow? Take a backup of the existing one before you do this.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have exported the flow, imported the flow (creating a new flow), shared it with another user to make it a team flow, and rewired it to the powerapp. Same error message. 

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I think I figured this out. When importing a powerapp/flow from a package, you are prompted to select each connection. The tricky part is that PowerApps allows you to have multiple connections with the same account. This means that the dropdown list seems to have duplicate entries, as they are the same type (sharepoint), and they both have the same email address. However, they are NOT the same, and they have different internal names. So, build a powerapp that calls a flow, and each uses sharepointconnection1. Export, then import, but if you pick sharepointconnection2, the power app will have a different connection than the flow, and this error will surface. Again, there is nothing in the GUI to alert you of this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,409)