Level: Power Up

Massively Frustrating and Useless!!!!

I have no idea how you dare to suggest that this whole PowerApps / Flows / Sharepoint business is in anyway user friendly enough for any user to use.  I am a database developer for a living, and I can't get any of it to work.  It's a complete and utter joke!

All I want to do is create a PowerApp page with a button that uploads a local file to OneDrive.  There are zero templates offering this very simple concept, and when I try to build it from scratch it asks for completely undefined parameters and there are absolutely no instructions or useful information anywhere to be found.  You have developed all these little seperate interconnecting programs, that only serve to make everything that much more inconvenient.  Please Help!  Please design something I can use!  

Highlighted
Flow Staff

Re: Massively Frustrating and Useless!!!!

Hi @BenFrustration,

Sorry you're having a difficult time with the product.

Where is the source of the local file? Will it be on your PC, or on the device running the PowerApp? Presumably the latter. Here are a few templates that hopefully will help. They're not quite what you're looking for, but may give you a few ideas:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/1f4a2b1b99e64e8dbb81b7c47cc5bb11/upload-...

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/679554ecb78f4e5fa8d4eea205c28440...

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/d2f34ae0dfa011e6b070f5b13cd24608/copy-ne...

Hope that helps.

Mark

Level: Power Up

Agreed, have read twenty or so pages all stating how easy PowerApps are to use and set up. 

I have not found a single page showing you how to do anything other than connect a data source. Its one button. 

No where have I found documentation suggesting how to manipluate your data, converting a template to actual data or how to edit the templates using your own data. 

Another great idea from Microsoft, that wont last the year due to lack of support, documentation and utterly clueless sales pitches. Sad. 

Level 8

I am not a DB designer nor have I any education in IT.  I am self taught.  I totally challenge the negative of this discussion.  I have built many apps in powerapps for my teams to use.  I have created some very fancy flows that tell users they have ovedue tasks,  or there are things that must be done now or archives data.  I have both products plus SharePoint integrating extremely well.  I set and forget and everything just happen in accordance with the time line I want.

While I do agree there can me be more help,  but I isolate this to my  knowledge on the conditions and formulas.  Everything else is pretty well Monkey see, Monkey do.  That said every google search and these forums all got me fixed. There are some excellent videos by some power users on youtube and I have noted MS are providing enhancements every day. 

Flow with powerapps or SharePoint is brilliant so I assume here to stay