cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jlevens
Level: Powered On

Retrigger flow at point of failure option??

It would be really great to have the option to be able to retrigger a flow at the point of failure. For example, we had approvals completed and the rest of the flow failed but don't want to resubmit the entire thing for approvals again....

Possibly do something similar to SQL Server Agent "start at step" !! Please help implement asap 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Retrigger flow at point of failure option??

@jlevens 

Perhaps you can work in a "Do Until" loop, or set a "configure run after" for a failure?  Not quite sure what you are needing to do.  Maybe  you can share some of your flow and we can bantor a bit and get it to do what you want!

image.png

jlevens
Level: Powered On

Thanks! Some of my flows failed after the approvals were already completed and I need to run the rest of the flow starting at the point of failure (don't want to retrigger the approval piece). The failure isn't actually part of the flow, it was a connection bug that has since been resolved Smiley Sad

Super User
Super User

@jlevens 

Ok, i totally understand this now.  You have a bunch of items that went through part of an approval, and the flow failed do to a MS issue.  This is a big problem to date.  It is a huge issue when the underlying framework of Flow fails.  As you know, its painstaking to go through everything to be sure flows complete, and data is complete and intact.  I am lucky I only have a handful of users, or what you are doing would take me so much time.  It seems there are outages of some degree about once a month that puts everything in a lurch until investigation can be done with everything to be sure data is complete.

Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 73 members 4,262 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: