Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jja
Resolver I
Resolver I

Approval with custom responses licensing

Hi

Can somebody explain how does this work. I can find info that we need to use p1 or p2 licenses only on premium connectors for end users who trigger the flow that is premium but how about the connector that is standart but the options says premium(custom responses).

Lets say i have a flow that is trigered on a selected item and when the flow reaches Legal department it has to have 3 approval options instead of 2.

Would it mean that i need to buy P1 licenses only for legal department users or also for all flow users?

Maybe somebody from Microsoft could explain?

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'll try to get an official answer from Microsoft, but my reading of this would be that anyone who interacts with the Approval action with custom responses would need premium licensing, but users who interact with the rest of the flow with regular Approvals would not.  But let me try to verify that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi

Thanksa for help mate.

I also found a topic https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Flow-license-required-for-Custom-respons...

I am totally confused...

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Sory, but that post is completely inacurate.  Using Custom responses in a Flow Approval definately requires premium licensing.  The confusion comes in because MS does not enforce that requirement in the software.  This has frequently been true of Microsoft products.  Licensing is often required, but the code doesn't always check to make sure a valid license is there before running.  Doing so would affect the performance of the system in a negative way.  The only question here is whether anyone who interacts with the flow requires premium licensing or shether just the users who interact with the custom responses approval require premium licensing.  But premium licensing is definately required.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I didn't get a definitive statement on this yet, but the preliminary comments from a member of the product team was that they also though only the people who received the custom reponses Approval would need premium licensing. (And of course the original Flow maker). People who receive normal Approvals in the same Flow wouldn't require premium licensing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,580)