cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Integrate Flow with PowerApps

Hi Flow Team,

I would like to know how can I pass list of Email address from PowerApps into Microsoft Flow.

My goal here is to send out email to multiple people in the Organization on a button click.

Thank you in advance!.

Regards,

Ajitkaur Saini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I think I understand that.

So you have a datasource/collection - let's say 'MailingList' which has one of the column 'EmailAddress' and you want to send email to all the email addresses in this collection column.

Fort this , you need to use the Concat function -

Concat(MailingList,EmailAddress&";")

This will concatenate all the e-mail addresses into one string separated by ";" . You can then pass this to the Flow.

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Option 1 :
This should answer your question. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Enter-email-address-in-Flow/m-p/118878?a...

In your case, you can ask for multiple "Ask in PowerApps" e-mail addresses in the Flow and that way you can send the e-mail to a list of email addresses.

Option 2 :
Use the Outlook connector in PowerApps itself to send the e-mail. Have you tried that?

PowerApps and Flow MVP

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ThatAPIGuy ,

Thank you for your reply 

In my case, I dont want to enter email in powerApps. I have a data table filtered according to some conditions. I need to send email to all the rows for Column(Email Address).

I want to know how can I pass the list of email address from PowerApps to Flow.

Thanks

Ok, I think I understand that.

So you have a datasource/collection - let's say 'MailingList' which has one of the column 'EmailAddress' and you want to send email to all the email addresses in this collection column.

Fort this , you need to use the Concat function -

Concat(MailingList,EmailAddress&";")

This will concatenate all the e-mail addresses into one string separated by ";" . You can then pass this to the Flow.

PowerApps and Flow MVP

View solution in original post

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I am 1 step closer. The only piece remaining is what should I enter in the To field inside Flow for Outlook Email.

I wish to trigger the flow on Button click of PowerApps so I inserted action on Button. However, I am not familiar with dynamic content in Flow.

Could  you please suggest on this as well.

Thanks

In Flow, use the "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content for the 'To' field .

Then in PowerApps, the OnSelect property of the button that triggers this Flow should be set to -

FlowName.Run(Concat(MailingList,EmailAddress&";"))

Hope this helps.

PowerApps and Flow MVP

@ThatAPIGuy 

Thank you for you reply.

I was getting error ""Invocation of unknown or unsupported functions." on the button. As a workaround, I added Office365 connection as a data source in PowerApps and then used below script

Office365.SendEmail(Concat(MailingList,EmailAddress&";"), inputSubject.Text, inputBody.Text).

This works towards my goal.

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (12,625)