cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoachPfeiffer

Outlook Flow

Trigger = when an event is created, modified, or deleted.

Action = I want the same as the trigger on another calendar. Seems I can only create multiple copies of the event.

HELP PLEASE. Thank You.
4 REPLIES 4
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @CoachPfeiffer 

Not sure if I understood the question

Do you mean you want the same flow to trigger on multiple calendars? This is not possible since the trigger action requires you to pick a calendar

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @CoachPfeiffer 

As I understand, you have a flow with the "When an event is added, updated or deleted" trigger. 

Note: 

1. The flow can trigger on a particular calendar only. For mulitple calendars you will have to create more flows. 

2. Once triggered, you will first have to check the Action Type (if  it was created/ updated or deleted) and add the next action accordingly. Now, if you are creating a new event, then in the action, you can choose the other calendar from the calendar option. 

3. Note that you can create the events only on the calendar of the connection that you have provided and not on any other outlook account. 

4. If you create mulitple flows for all calendars, then note that these will trigger every time a calendar event is added from one to another and create an infinite loop.

If this is not the case, please share more information so that we can assist you better. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Working with just two calendars. Calendar 1 to trigger an action on calendar 2. Create on 1, create on 2. Modify on 1, modify on 2. Delete on 1, delete on 2.

Cannot find an action to match up with the trigger.

Thanks.
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CoachPfeiffer,

You could refer to these steps to configure Flow that When an event is added, updated, the sync event in the other calendar will be added, updated, but there is no way to delete the event in the Calendar because of the trigger will not return value when event deleted in Calendar.
Annotation 2019-09-16 134232.png

So, there is a workaround that sync two Calendars use the HTTP request by a recurrence Flow. Synchronize and get new, updated, or deleted events in a specified time range from the user's primary calendar. Please refer to this document:

calendar-rest-operations#sync-events

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,719)