cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMX
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate can not find manager for creator and can not attach form response.

I am a new user for power automate and just try to send form response to the manager of the creator.  I am having a hard time to find sth like Creator of the last response. Also in the email asking for approval, I can not find sth like last response with attachment. 

I just checked that our SharePoint has manager information populated. The form is working properly as well. Anyone can point me to the right direction? Thanks!

BMX_0-1596068719903.pngBMX_1-1596068816557.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@BMX 

Add Get Response Details Action and pass the response id from the trigger

Then pass Responders' Email to the Get Manager Step

Mira_Ghaly_0-1596070094095.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@BMX 

Add Get Response Details Action and pass the response id from the trigger

Then pass Responders' Email to the Get Manager Step

Mira_Ghaly_0-1596070094095.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

After I added "get response details"  I can see responder email now !  Great Thanks!

Do you know how can I attach the link to the last response? I can only see each individual field in the form. There is not link to the response except the response ID.  

Many thanks again. I already give you 5 thumbs up here 🖐

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@BMX 

To Get Resource ID in the Expression paste the below

triggerOutputs()?['body/resourceData']['responseId']

Mira_Ghaly_0-1596073074104.png

MG (Naturally Curious)

I think I did everything you suggested.  But the approval email only show a link to a requestid, not a link to the whole request information with the requestid.  Anything I did wrong?

BMX_0-1596075846817.pngBMX_2-1596075905544.png

BMX_1-1596075870617.png

When I ask to get a copy of the responses, I will get an email with "view my responses" like below.  I need the manager of the creator to get a similar email with approve.    Also the responses does not show the attachment links as well. 

Please advise. Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (65,701)