cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul1981

Sharepoint File to Planner Task with attachment

I have created a flow that makes a new Task in Planner everytime I drop a file in a specific folder (and adds a due date to the Task). I would like to then add the file as an attachment (or link) to the Task in Planner. I have followed some other posts and created a sharing link for the file, but when the flow runs it always fails at the point when I try to add the link 

paul1981_0-1638877534603.png

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong 

paul1981_1-1638877639415.png

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Mmmmm... did you play with 'References type' possible values?

efialttes_0-1638892221013.png

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @efialttes 

Thanks for the response - I have tried changing 'References type' to .pdf (which is what i'm trying to attach) but it gives the same error. I am presuming it is to do with the sharing link I am creating, but when I click on that in the output code ('resourceLink') it takes me to the file I want to link to. Feels like i'm missing something obvious 

Below is my complete flow - Folder location is a Teams folder but with a sharepoint behind it

paul1981_0-1638895226221.png

Just reading the Planner graph API doc, according to the following link...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/plannerexternalreferences?view=graph-rest-1.0

"Properties

Properties of an Open Type can be defined by the client. In this case, the client must provide valid URLs based on the HTTP/HTTPS protocols as properties and their values must be the externalReference objects. Based on OData, property names in Open Types cannot contain the following characters: ., :, %, @, # so they need to be encoded. Example is shown below. To remove a reference, set the value of the property to null."

I would try to convert dot characters on your URL into %2E

Not in my laptop, unable to test

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,387)