cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EddyGee
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint to OneDrive (With Flow Confusion)

I created a sharepoint site then synced the Documents. As I couldn't specify where to set it, I left it on the default [UserName] -> [MyCompanyName] -> [SiteName] - Documents

Now I want to set up an email alert should a document be added to it, but this section doesn't count as OneDrive for Business, so I can't select it from within flow.

On my PC, within "C:\Users\[UserName]\", I have essentially 3 OneDrive files -

"OneDrive" - personal 1 probably, just opens the next folder up in a new window.

"OneDrive - [CompanyName]" - where Flow is searching by default, which is currently my personal shared folder for my user

"[MyCompanyName]" - this is where Sharepoint decided to create & store all Documents Syncing from sites I've made, as shown in the first paragraph.

Could someone shed some light on how to organise this? Feels very messy due to my lack of understanding. Again, trying to set up an e-mail to trigger should any file be added/modified within "[MyCompanyName]".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Sharepoint to OneDrive (With Flow Confusion)

Although you are using OneDrive sync to sync that location to your desktop, its not actually OneDrive.  Its a SharePoint document library.  So to build a Flow for that you need to use SharePoint triggers, not OneDrive triggers.  So for an email alert Flow on that document library use the When a File is created (properties only) trigger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Although you are using OneDrive sync to sync that location to your desktop, its not actually OneDrive.  Its a SharePoint document library.  So to build a Flow for that you need to use SharePoint triggers, not OneDrive triggers.  So for an email alert Flow on that document library use the When a File is created (properties only) trigger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

EddyGee
Level: Powered On

@Pstork1hey man, thanks. That's so simple, yet completely overlooked. Nice! I was so confused..

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,930)