Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danb3434
Helper I
Helper I

Too many decimal places in flow email

Hi All,

I've been struggling with this issue for hours and it's driving me crazy!

I have a sharepoint list that is maintained by another flow (ultimate source is excel). This is used by flow to send an email to users as designated by the data in the sharepoint.

There is a % target field that is being pulled from excel into the sharepoint with 2 decimal places, but when I use it in the email it has loads more. I tried using a calculated column too and the exact same issue. I've been reading for hours on this but can't figure it out. Any help would be amazing!

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Danb3434 You can use truncate function as shown below:

jinivthakkar_0-1614783265123.png

substring(variables('Test'),0,4)

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Danb3434 

jinivthakkar_1-1614783788661.png

Please check this out as well:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/decimal-place/td-p/50303

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (37,826)