cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Update SharePoint Person Field using Send HTTP Request

I am updating the metadata on a SharePoint document set which works fine until I add the person picker field into the mix.  Sadly, it seems as though you can't use the email like you can in the update item action which supports claims.  If anyone has any method of using the email I would prefer this as using the ID is very strange, it seems like it requires you to log into the SharePoint site at some point so it can create your ID on the hidden list.  I have no idea how long this ID lasts in this list and if the users does not use this site for a few months if it will drop from the list?  That said, using this method when adding the person picker field into the send http request I get the following error listed below.  I had this working previously and am using the same flow so not sure why this has stopped working.  Any guidance is appreciated.  1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How strange, so apparently5.jpg to update the people field using rest you need to have Id after the Column name even though this was not part of the column name and no double quotes on the value as seen.  This now works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Dudditz ,

Your JSON should look like the below.  Wrap ProjectManager up double quotes and add a semi-colon.  Then wrap every underneath in another set of curly braces.

{
"ProjectManager":{
"_metadata":{
"type":"aaaa"
},
"customer":"bbbb",
"Accountnumber":"cccc"
}
}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, yes I had some clutter in the json that I have cleaned up however still getting an error.

for the reply, 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgyep, that was a mistake, cleaned it up however still getting an error.  

Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How strange, so apparently5.jpg to update the people field using rest you need to have Id after the Column name even though this was not part of the column name and no double quotes on the value as seen.  This now works.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,900)