cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murari
Frequent Visitor

error handling while insertion or updation through flows

Hi All,

I want to handle any type of errors while inserting or updating . Please help me on this. Is it possible to add validations

@CFernandes : Please guide me on this.

2 REPLIES 2
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@Murari For SQL inserting, I did not try much of Error handling.

But for other connectors I used Scope(try catch finally) for handling error in my Power Automate.

https://sharepains.com/2018/02/07/power-automate-try-catch-finally-flow/ 

I hope it helps.

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Murari @

First, try setting the retry policy for the action - it defaults to 4 and you can increase it.

Take a look at the "Run after" feature available with any action.  You can set an action to run only if the action before it failed, succeeded, etc..  In your case, you might set a variable inside of a loop.  Set the loop to run until the variable is Yes - see my example below.

Alternatively, you can have the insert/update run outside of a loop.  Have an action immediately after it that runs only if the insert/update fails and take action as appropriate (log it somewhere, send an email, etc.).

Flag1.jpgFlag2.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,211)