cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lipsitz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Basic image processing, like resizing and watermarking

Is it possible to use Power Automate Desktop to do some basic image processing, like inspecting dimensions, resizing, converting format, applying watermark etc.?

(I understand we can get an Image Processing program to do it via UI Automation, but it would be so much faster and neater to do it natively.)

3 REPLIES 3
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There are many, even free/Open Source, command line tools available which you can use for this and execute from PAD. No need for UI automation. Like: https://www.etcwiki.org/wiki/IrfanView_Command_Line_Options

Lipsitz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for reply.

Still would have been nice to have those abilities natively. I would take them over PAD's PDF specific actions.

Lipsitz
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have figured out a prettier and immensely more powerful solution for Photoshop users.

You can create a Photoshop "Droplet". which in essence is an EXE file that will execute a set of pre recorded actions in photoshop on the files that are thrown at it.

So by simply launching that Droplet and passing the files you want processed in the command line argument field, you can automatically utilize the full power of Photoshop. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,373)