Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update account in dynamics when a file is uploaded in SharePoint

Hello, 

I have a Dynamics 365 envrionment with SharePoint integration. 

I'd like to update an account (a flag) when a document is uploaded in SharePoint.

With the SharePoint Integration a Folder i created for each account when a file is uploaded the first time. 

I don't success to start the flow (I'm not sure which trigger to use). And I don't know either how to match the account in flow. I can't find the right record identifier. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share more details about your scenario?

Could you please show a bit more about the SharePoint integration within your Dynamics 365 environment?

Further, Do you want to update a account when a file is uploaded in your SharePoint?

For your first question, if you want to fire your flow when a file is uploaded in your SharePoint (library), I think the "When a file is created (properties only)" trigger or the "When a file is created in a folder" trigger (all SharePoint triggers related to files could achieve your needs) could achieve your needs. More details about the SharePoint triggers related to files, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

For your second question, if you want to update an account in Dynamics 365 within Microsoft Flow, you should find the specific account firstly. You could use the "List records" action of Dynamics 365 connector to find the specific account based on some filter conditions wihtin your flow. Then use the "Update a record" action to update the account record. I have made a test on my side and please refer to following flow's configuration:7.JPG

Within Record identifier field of "Update a record" action, type the following formula:

item()?['accountid']

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/connection-dynamics365

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,133)