Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan47
Helper III
Helper III

Combine PDF with AI Builder

Hi there

I was wondering if there is a way to combine PDF with AI Builder depending on the same name beginning with xxx...?

Thanks

Dan47

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rvanraamsdonk
Frequent Visitor

You could consider calling a flow created in Power Automate Desktop (free download😞 Desktop has a Merge PDF action that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Power Automate action: 

rvanraamsdonk_0-1622014566081.png

Power Automate Desktop action:

rvanraamsdonk_1-1622014649504.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Dan47,

Thanks for the question.

AI Builder can identify and extract data in PDF documents but doesn't have the functionality to combine PDFs.

You will find however a number of connectors in Power Automate that will allow you to combine PDF documents. For example: 'Adobe PDF Tools', 'Encodian' or 'Plumsail Documents' to name some of them.

JoeF-MSFT_0-1620479485850.png

Hope this helps!

CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hello @Dan47 

As mentioned by @JoeF-MSFT  this cannot be achieved with out of box actions in Power Automate - I have used Muhimbi Merge action and have a blog around this topic, you can find details at - https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2019/06/18/merging-documents-to-pdf-using-micsrosoft-flow/ 

You might want to give this a try - Muhimbi is a paid service but also offer a Free tier - https://www.muhimbi.com/Products/PDF-Converter-Online---Pricing 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Dan47
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @JoeF-MSFT  and @CFernandes 

Thanks a lot for the solutions but I will write a powershell script if there is only payed options available.

Dan47

@Dan47 Sure thing. You might want to use Win Automation - https://www.bythedevs.com/post/merge-pdf-with-power-automate-and-win-automation 

But its not a cloud only solution.

On a side note Muhimbi has a Free Subscription - If your requirement is not for Merging large file, you might want to give it a try.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

rvanraamsdonk
Frequent Visitor

You could consider calling a flow created in Power Automate Desktop (free download😞 Desktop has a Merge PDF action that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Power Automate action: 

rvanraamsdonk_0-1622014566081.png

Power Automate Desktop action:

rvanraamsdonk_1-1622014649504.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,859)