cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
keshamer
Level: Powered On

Versions of powerapps issues

Hi, I made an app for truck drivers. They each have an ipad for work blocked on a specific version of powerapps (they can't update it exept if they have the lock code and I don't want they have it). I published the last version on the 3.18102.20 and I made updates since. I fear if I publish today (version 3.18102.27) that they won't be able to use it without updates.

versions.PNG

In the past there was a lot of conflicts with that. Is it possible to force powerapps to publish in a previous version (3.18102.20) to be sure it works?

kind regards

Accepted Solutions
OneThing
Level 8

Re: Versions of powerapps issues

Hi Keshamer,

Currently if you save a PowerApp it will automatically upgrade to the latest version. There is no way to currently stop this behaviour. App's that have not been edited will stay at the current version they were last saved at but this doesn't help if you wish to update the App.

Updating to the latest version doesn't necessary mean you need to update the Mobile App, but if a new feature is used then the mobile app won't work without update.

In one of the ignite presentations there was mention for better Version control comming soon, which will hopefully allow more control over this but I can't find the video to give you more information. Hopefully one of the Microsoft staff may be able to help futher.

Thanks,
Nicky

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @keshamer,

First select the ellipses of the version that you want to restore and publish, click to restore:

Capture.JPG

After restoring, it will be created as the newest version, select to publish this new version:

2.JPG

Regards,

Mona

keshamer

thank you for the answer but my issue is that I cannot publish FOR a previous version of powerapps. My users has previous versions ans can't update it. And when I publish something it is only for the current version. Sometimes they are not compatible and crash. I would like to publish for previous version.

Is it possible?

OneThing
Level 8

Hi Keshamer,

Currently if you save a PowerApp it will automatically upgrade to the latest version. There is no way to currently stop this behaviour. App's that have not been edited will stay at the current version they were last saved at but this doesn't help if you wish to update the App.

Updating to the latest version doesn't necessary mean you need to update the Mobile App, but if a new feature is used then the mobile app won't work without update.

In one of the ignite presentations there was mention for better Version control comming soon, which will hopefully allow more control over this but I can't find the video to give you more information. Hopefully one of the Microsoft staff may be able to help futher.

Thanks,
Nicky

keshamer

Thank you for answer