cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brausmith
Frequent Visitor

Approval action - Spaces in the attachment path breaks the link

I almost have a working Approval in my flow with the exception of my List Attachment link breaking.

Through using a Get Attachments action, and then the AbsoluteUri content in the details of the approval it is adding the file link. But if I have spaces in the file name this is where it is breaking the link. See below image.

If I have the AbsoluteUri in the Item Link field instead it then works fine. But I need it in the approval Details.

Does this look like a bug, or is there some extra formatting around the AbsoluteUri I can do to correct this? You can see in the image that I have already tried using it within a markdown link without success.

2018-08-03 16_31_44-Mail - Chad.Smith@a2ktechnologies.com.au.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brausmith,

I assume that it might be a default behavior that Microsoft Flow would add the %20 to replace the space in file name. Per my test, when using the dynamic content AbosoluteURi in the Link field of the action Start an approval, the link can be correctly generated.

If you want to add the attachment link in the Details, please try the following code:

join(split(items('Apply_to_each')?['AbsoluteURi'],' '),'%20')

Screenshots for your reference:

1.PNG2.PNG

More details about the function, please check it at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#j...

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brausmith,

I assume that it might be a default behavior that Microsoft Flow would add the %20 to replace the space in file name. Per my test, when using the dynamic content AbosoluteURi in the Link field of the action Start an approval, the link can be correctly generated.

If you want to add the attachment link in the Details, please try the following code:

join(split(items('Apply_to_each')?['AbsoluteURi'],' '),'%20')

Screenshots for your reference:

1.PNG2.PNG

More details about the function, please check it at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#j...

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the same code for my attachments and is working pretty good, the only issue I have is that the links are too long, is there a way to make it shorter, maybe just show the name of the actual file and still work as l ink?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,399)