cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nock
Frequent Visitor

Approval flow: Option to add new attachments dynamically

I have this real case and I wondering how I can solve this issue:

I have an approval flow with multiple approvers and I would like the first approver to receive one or more attachments to be able to make the approval decision (this step is okay). The challenge is that I would like him/her to have the chance to remove or add new attachments to the flow and forward them to the second approver, third approver and so on.

Unless I am mistaken, we don't have the option to add more attachments in the flow so far:

Nock_1-1660208131221.png

Nock_0-1660207826857.png

Any idea or work around? I was thinking about using child flows, but honestly, I am completely lost!

Thanks for your feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I might be wrong.

But, why not just a put a link to a Sharepoint list/folder where the users could put all the needed attechements ?
You could include in your flow a task to delete the folder or move it else where once the flow is ended.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Slowpoke
Resolver II
Resolver II

You could use send an email with options instead, as it can be use as an approval system. And, it would be easy for the different users to deal with attachements and forwardind directly in outlook.

Nock
Frequent Visitor

Hello Slowpoke,

Thank you for your quick reply and point of view. I haven't considered this option and at first, it seemed to me the correct one. However, when testing it the first approver is unable to add more attachments within the flow, only by replying to the requestor. By doing this, no "Approve" or "Reject" option can be selected, hence the approval flow cannot continue.

Do you have any solution/alternative for this? Thanks again Slowpoke and sorry for being that "picky"!

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I might be wrong.

But, why not just a put a link to a Sharepoint list/folder where the users could put all the needed attechements ?
You could include in your flow a task to delete the folder or move it else where once the flow is ended.

Nock
Frequent Visitor

Thank you again Slowpoke for this new point of view. I think this work around might meet my need!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,997)