cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eurosiderscalo
Frequent Visitor

Attach an attachment automatically to a sharepoint list new item

Hello,

I never found a solution then I ask here if there is a solution.

On Sharepoint list:

1. When an item is created or modified
2. Get attachments (from other list or documents file folders)
3. Attach the attachment to the new item

Is there a way to do that?

Regards

Dezio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Eurosiderscalo 

Yes there is!

But you will need the attachment/ file ID for that. Please refer to my flow below:ddda.png

Note: this is if the attachment is to an item. for a file from the doucment library, you have to use the get file content action and provide with the parameters. So if the item in the other list has a value that can be put into the new list then you can use that to identify the item of the other list (use the get item action) and based on this identify the file (using the get attachments action) and then add the attachment to the newly created item. BTW, i would suggest using the When an item is created trigger or else this will become an infinite loop where the flow will keep triggering and the item will get modified. Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Eurosiderscalo 

Yes there is!

But you will need the attachment/ file ID for that. Please refer to my flow below:ddda.png

Note: this is if the attachment is to an item. for a file from the doucment library, you have to use the get file content action and provide with the parameters. So if the item in the other list has a value that can be put into the new list then you can use that to identify the item of the other list (use the get item action) and based on this identify the file (using the get attachments action) and then add the attachment to the newly created item. BTW, i would suggest using the When an item is created trigger or else this will become an infinite loop where the flow will keep triggering and the item will get modified. Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Great thank you!

I will create a new "parallel" flow to avoid loop.

Regards

Need your help please, trying to get a file that is saved as pdf within the sharepoint document library, and then linking it automatically to a share point list when a new item is created, so that when you click on the item in the list the docuemnt is viewed, or takes you via hyprlink to the docuemnt library, either way is good.

Please help find a solution

Blarue
Frequent Visitor

this solution is not working for me when I try to attach an excel file from a document library, can someone please post screen shots of that process? 

thank you,

Brandi 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,814)