cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LauraT
Level: Powered On

Copying an all-day event from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar

I'm trying to set up a flow that will copy an event from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar if the subject contains a keyword--in this case, "Vacation." If the event has a particular start and end time, it works perfectly. However, if it's an all-day event, it creates an event along these lines...

Here's the event in Outlook Calendar:TestVacationOriginal.png

And here's what the flow created in Google Calendar:

TestVacation.png

Weirdly, the event in Google starts at 7pm the day before and ends at 7pm the day of.

I'm using the default settings for start and end time:TestVacationSettings.png

I have a condition for "Is an all day event?" but currently the start and end time settings are the same for all-day and not-all-day events because I'm not sure what to do differently.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
LauraT
Level: Powered On

Re: Copying an all-day event from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar

I've got it sort of figured out. The problem is that Flow assumes a UTC time zone, whereas I'm in EST (-05:00). I tried setting my time zone in the flow, but when I couldn't get that to work right away, I did it manually using addHours.

Here's the general format I used: addHours(StartTime, #HoursToAdd)

And here's what it looks like:AddHours.png

Now I can successfully create an event starting at 12:00AM and lasting until 12:00AM the subsequent day (as long as I'm in EST, otherwise the +05:00 will no longer be accurate):SuccessfulVacation.png

This is almost exactly what I want, and if it's the best I can manage, I'll be happy with it. However, like Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar has a checkbox for All Day. Here's what a real all-day event looks like:Holiday.png

No start and end times, just the date. If I could use this, it would solve the time zone issue and generally look neater.

So is there any way to bypass the start and end time settings and just check the All Day checkbox if it's checked in Outlook?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copying an all-day event from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar

Hi @LauraT,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The issue is confirmed on my side, I think this issue is related to Time Zone. When working Date and times, all times in flow would be converted into Universal Time (UTC or GMT) automatically.

I have made a test on my side, when I create a all-day event in Outlook calendar, the Start and End time of the event would be converted into UTC format. Then I use "Date Time- Convert time zone" action to convert the UTC time to the time in my time zone, the Start and End time converted into the time in my time zone, but not the Start and End time of the All-Day event (middle night time), so I think the "Date Time- Convert time zone" action would not useful in your scenario.

If you want the event created in Google calendar is a All-Day event, please take a try with the following workaround as an alternative way:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Get events (V2)" action, specify Calendar id.
  • Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of "Get events (V2)" action, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@contains(item()?['Subject'], 'Vacation')
  • Add a "Apply to each", input parameter set to output of "Filter array" action.
  • Within "Apply to each", add a "Create an event" action, Start time field set to following formula:
formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Start'],'yyyy-MM-ddT12:00:00Z')

End time field set to following formula:

ormatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['End'],'yyyy-MM-ddT12:00:00Z')

Image reference:17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:

18.JPG

19.JPG

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 3,746 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: