cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create local CSV file from sharepoint item made

Hello,

I am trying to have a power app that creates an entry in sharepoint. When that entry is made to the sharepoint list I want it to create a CSV file and then store that file locally on my machine. Everything seems to work fine until the create file portion. I have the on premise gateway running, and am not sure how to get the file to create itself. Here is what I have, any help would be greatly appreciated: 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path 'c:/users/dbutler/documents//New Hire - Dylan.csv' exists on your file system.\r\nclientRequestId: 9e4ebb95-9be1-4102-a824-46318bb87453",
"source": "filesystem-eus2.azconn-eus2-01.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @staffdill ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of the "Create file" action of File System connector?

I'm afraid that you haven't create a correct connection to the File System connector, please refer to link below to crreate the connection to File System:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Problem-connecting-to-File-System-in-Flow/td-...

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

not had experience with this connector myself, but instead of using the gateway on what i assume is a desktop/laptop (you could get lots of failures if your computer goes to sleep etc). Why not use onedrive? You can use onedrive client to sync the files to your PC and no gateway is needed and the flow will not fail or need any setup if you need to reinstall the computer or if its turned off etc.

Highlighted

I am eventually going to use it on a domain controller that is running all the time, I wanted to test getting everything on my laptop first. 

The idea is to have the CSV get picked up by a task scheduler script once its sent from the flow to the folder on the DC and turned into a active directory account. 

I have had success getting the file to create into one drive, im not sure how that would work with the script if its sitting in one drive though. 

Highlighted

Ah i understand.

If you did install OneDrive on the DC then it would not run when the user is not logged in so the files would not be there. You could get the task scheduler script to connect and download from onedrive directly though if you get stuck with the current plan. I suspect you can connect to it the same way as sharepoint and download the files needed

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @staffdill ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of the "Create file" action of File System connector?

I'm afraid that you haven't create a correct connection to the File System connector, please refer to link below to crreate the connection to File System:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Problem-connecting-to-File-System-in-Flow/td-...

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,738)