cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d2iguy
Level: Powered On

Create planner task using bucket name instead of ID

Power user hive, I am looking for some help.

I have a SQL database from a that I have successfully linked to Flow. When a project is created in the database, I have successfully setuo Flow to create a bucket based on the project number from SQL. For this example, let's say the project number is "91." Within Planner, I see the bucket and the name is "91." Now then, when I create a task in the SQL database, one of the fields is the project number (eg ProjectKeyID) along with the usual fields like startdatetime, enddatetime, subject etc. I have a Flow that senses the creation of the task and checks if there is a project number. If so, it attempts to create the task in Planner using the SQL project number (eg ProjectKeyID) as the board number in Planner. Sounds easy enough right? Not so much. The Flow bombs when trying to match up the project number and the board number because Flow is expecting the Bucket ID (which is something resembling a GUID) and not the Bucket Name.

I thought I could get around this situation by adding an action of listing the buckets prior to creating the task. Doing so I could at least verify that Flow had all the reference fields (which it does). But is still won't match up the task projectID to the board name. 

Attached is the current flow. Seeking advice on how to make the magic happen here. My gut tells me I am missing something simple.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create planner task using bucket name instead of ID

Hi @d2iguy,

Could you please provide more details about your flow configuration and SQL database design?

I am afraid that you encountered a mistake when adding attachments, I couldn't see current flow, you could add it again.

I would be helpful if you posted a screenshot of the flow and we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
d2iguyatl
Level: Power Up

Yes indeed. See attached.Flow1

Highlighted
d2iguy

Did you see the screen shot I uploaded below?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @d2iguy,

Sorry, I have delayed this for a long time before replying to you.

Could you share the details of your database design?

I did a test on my side, the value id is contained in the output value of the list buckets action.1.PNG

I think Your condition2 should probably swap the two values ().

In if yes, you don't need to use Apply to each anymore. The outermost one is enough.

Please take a try and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @d2iguy!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! It appears as though @v-bacao-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
d2iguy

Hello Barry. Thanks for the reply. I have been travelling and just now had the opportunity to reply.

RE: Database Design

This is a product called Tigerpaw that is a PSA/CRM product with a nicely structured SQL database. Easy for me to mine and query data directly via SQL Mgt Studio and other tools. The information is proper within the database. This is really just an issue of getting it to land in Flow the right way.

RE: Your suggests

I have done as you asked and mimiced your setup although I am a bit unsure how it is going to produce the results I see. Can you explain why the Compose section replaces the task creation section. I did successfully run the flow but the issue is still not resolved. Screen shots for you:

New Flow 1

New Flow 1 Output

New Flow 1

New Flow 1 Output

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 406 members 5,896 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: