cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sigot
Regular Visitor

Custom flag name or similar identifier

Hi guys,
I am using flow as ticketing automate solution. After an email is received, it checks if there was an ID already present and if not, it did the magic.

I would like to assign generated identifier (6 digit number) to original received email.

The only possibility of editing an email I found, was flagging, but there is the only possibitity to make it flagged, not flagged or completed. I have to add that ID. manually in outlook there is a possibility of custom flag, but flow does not offer that option.

I do not want to copy email message or move it to another folder.

The best will be to add ID to Flag, category or even in subjet or message body.

Any ideas?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sigot,

have a look at AssignCategory flow - I believe it might help. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @sigot 

I think that currently it is not possible to update an mail, except for the flagged property.

Why don't you try to export the email and save it in a SharePoint List, with the generated ID as another column. Or save directly the bodyof the email to a SharePoint list (and saving the ID, too) ?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
sigot
Regular Visitor

Thanks, that is the workaround I wanted to use as the last option.
Reason is simple: We are used to fast replying directly on messages, so the only practical place to see an Id is directly in message.
And secondly if there will be more than one message with the same ID, flags could be grouped simply and so on..

Hi!

"The only possibility of editing an email I found, was flagging, but there is the only possibitity to make it flagged, not flagged or completed"

Please note if you manually flag an email, you can have a flow triggered "when an email is flagged', then execute whatever logic in your flow, and finally let flow mark this message as completed. Just guessing, your flow can convert the flagged email into .eml or .pdf format + send an email back adding a Unique ID in the Subject and a generic body ("your request is being processed. Keep this reference in the subject for future interactions bla bla bla") and attache the .eml / .pdf file.

I also considered to implement an automated ticket with Power Automate (aka Flow) some time ago, found similar issues as both you and @fchopo mentioned. We even planned to generate Unique IDs by means of an Outlook AddIn.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sigot,

have a look at AssignCategory flow - I believe it might help. 

View solution in original post

Woow THIS is exactly what I have needed. Thank you

@VictorIvanidze 
Thanx for sharing!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,375)