cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dataverse - User Power automate to create row and update another table lookup field with newly created row

Hello, 

I am trying to automatically create a table row in dataverse. This row has a 1:1 relationship with another table. I create the row and update the lookup field in the newly created row with the existing row from another table. After this row is created I apply its Odata.id to the other table's lookup field. The problem is whether is do the old syntax 'plural_tablename('Row_Id')' or use the OData.id the flow returns an error not found. Here is the details:

AsaurdiffADTill_0-1644338487889.png

Above is the creation of the new row. 

AsaurdiffADTill_1-1644338576438.png

Above is the failed to update row due to the created row not existing. I have setup a delay of, up to 1 minute, and it still fails. So Im am unsure on what to do next. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well this problem was resolved quickly. I am not sure what i missed on this, but when you are dealing with multiple row lookups with apply to each's as well it can be confusing. 

I double checked my RowID of the "Update Row" column and made sure it was referencing the "RowID" field. Then I placed the Odata.Id field from the "Create Row" into the lookup field and it finally applied the row to the lookup field. here are the details for anyone who get messed up on this. 

AsaurdiffADTill_0-1644341170903.png

You will see the unique GUID and its OData.id

AsaurdiffADTill_1-1644341242120.png

The asset GUID I am updating

AsaurdiffADTill_2-1644341323778.png

And lastly, you will see me update the Asset RowID with the newly created OData.Id . This will add to the lookup field for the asset. 

Sorry for the wasted question but i hope someone stumbles on this and it helps them. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Well this problem was resolved quickly. I am not sure what i missed on this, but when you are dealing with multiple row lookups with apply to each's as well it can be confusing. 

I double checked my RowID of the "Update Row" column and made sure it was referencing the "RowID" field. Then I placed the Odata.Id field from the "Create Row" into the lookup field and it finally applied the row to the lookup field. here are the details for anyone who get messed up on this. 

AsaurdiffADTill_0-1644341170903.png

You will see the unique GUID and its OData.id

AsaurdiffADTill_1-1644341242120.png

The asset GUID I am updating

AsaurdiffADTill_2-1644341323778.png

And lastly, you will see me update the Asset RowID with the newly created OData.Id . This will add to the lookup field for the asset. 

Sorry for the wasted question but i hope someone stumbles on this and it helps them. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,094)