cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Excel Online (Business) 'Add a row into a table' action failing *File Identifier code while other Excel Online (Business) actions are working smoothly.

I am using the following Excel Online (Business) actions: Get worksheets, Create worksheet, Create table, List rows present in a table, Get a row, Update a row. 
All of these actions work with dynamic content code inside the *File identifier field. 

The action "Add a row into a table" action is giving me an error and causing the flow to fail. 
nAAjIHW.png

When I put the "Identifier" dynamic content into the field, or when I compose the identifier, or when I put the file path, etc... all of it fails with this error code: 

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The expression \"[REDACTED]" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: [REDACTED]",
  "error": {
    "message": "The expression \"[REDACTED]" is not valid."
  },
  "source": "excelonline-eus.azconn-eus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

However, when I manually choose a file by clicking on the folder icon (as in the picture below), the flow suddenly works. 
0LCQnNV.png

I need the File identifier field to work dynamically just like every other Excel actions I am using. 
Why is this action in particular failing; why is it different than the rest when it looks like it is setup the same? 
The others are working as intended. 
Someone please help! ❤️ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Excel Online (Business) 'Add a row into a table' action failing *File Identifier code while other Excel Online (Business) actions are working smoothly.

Hi @Reylin ,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I'm afraid that the identifier dynamic content is not supported in the "List rows present in a table" action in Microsoft flow currently, I suggest that you submit an idea to flow ideas forum if you would like the function to be supported in Microsoft flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Excel Online (Business) 'Add a row into a table' action failing *File Identifier code while other Excel Online (Business) actions are working smoothly.

Hi @Reylin ,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I'm afraid that the identifier dynamic content is not supported in the "List rows present in a table" action in Microsoft flow currently, I suggest that you submit an idea to flow ideas forum if you would like the function to be supported in Microsoft flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,095)