cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Get Display Name from CDS record after it is created to include in the Email Subject Line in Flow

Hi,

This is something that has been bugging me and maybe it is a limitation? I have a Canvas app for users to submit a daily report. Once the app is submitted I have a Flow that fires off When a record is created (CDS) to Send an email notification. I'm able to include all the values from the Canvas app in the body of the email that's being sent but I can't figure out how to include the user that submitted the form. I tried to add Get user profile before Send an email notification and include Display Name in the subject but trying various things I've seen in the forums I could only get it to display my name or nothing at all. 

I would like the Subject to read: Daily Report: [Name of User that submitted form] - [Date created]

Any suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@kcgov

You need to add a new CDC current action Get Record, Entity:users, And pass the createdby(value) from the Dynamic Content to the Id, from the output of this step you can use the Full Name property to display the User Name.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @kcgov ,

The method provided by @Mira_Ghaly  is correct, like this:

12.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@kcgov 

So are you passing the user from the Canvas App to the Entity that has the Create Trigger?

So do you expect the Submitted form to have the Created By = User who submitted the form?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly  yes. It seems entities have the default field Created By and displays the first and last name of the user when I check the records. The problem is displaying the user's name in the email that is sent. In the image below I am able to display my name in the email just fine. The problem is figuring out how to display the name of any user that submits the form via the app. I tried using Created By but that didn't work. I then tried using triggerbody()?['_createdby_label'] but that didn't work either.

kcgov_0-1597409549951.png

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@kcgov

You need to add a new CDC current action Get Record, Entity:users, And pass the createdby(value) from the Dynamic Content to the Id, from the output of this step you can use the Full Name property to display the User Name.

Hi @kcgov ,

The method provided by @Mira_Ghaly  is correct, like this:

12.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,072)