cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How build flow with with document circulation?

In this case i have created a SharePoint list which columns are named in Polish language and are represented in below photo1.png

The meanings of the columns in SharePoint list are:

"Tytuł" = Title

"Utworzone przez" = Created by

"Utworzony" = Created in which time

"Załączniki" = Attachments

"Rodzaj faktury" = Invoice type

"Status realizacji" = Implementation status. It has 4 statuses: a) Rejected
b) Unchecked

c) Initially introduced

d) Accepted and paid.

Now I'd like to create a ms flow which meets the following conditions:

1) The application is to enable the division of invoices by their type.
2) The application is to enable automatic notification of entering a document into the system
3) Patterns of how to handle a given document should be created, e.g. a invoice is sent to an accountant to who accepts it - then the main accountant accepts again, stays here in SharePoint list.

What is my vision?

In first I've created the view of creating item. The required fields are: Title, and Realization status (which users will add as "Unchecked") but should add 1 attachment to new as *.pdf file. 

After creating new item goes to first accountant that in SharePoint list has just created this item. Then the first accountant if checked this item in SharePoint list should change "Implementation status" to one of them: "Initially introduced" or "Rejected". If the item is changed to "Initially introduced", the main accountant should get an email notification that invoice (item) is initially introduced. But if it is chaged to "Rejected", the creator will have notification that it is rejected.

The main accountant If checks the item again then decises if it accepted and paid or not then should go SharePoint list and change in the "Implementation status" the status to "Accepted and paid" or "Rejected". If this status is changed to "Accepted and paid" the creator should get notification that invoice is accepted and paid. But if it is chaged to "Rejected", the creator will have notification that it is rejected.

In current moment i've created a flow which schema will be represented in below photos:

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

The meaings some words: "Jeśli tak" = If yes
"Jeśli nie" = If no                                  "Jest równe" = equals

But when i test the flow built by me it ends only in first block which means the first account gets notification of created item this SharePoint list. 

1.png2.png

I have a question: Is that possible to build a flow which it meets conditions which i descriped in that question? Maybe i should some conditions? Any Ideas? Thank you for help or any advice.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How build flow with with document circulation?

Hi @Prochotap,

Now I'd like to create a ms flow which meets the following conditions:

1) The application is to enable the division of invoices by their type.
2) The application is to enable automatic notification of entering a document into the system
3) Patterns of how to handle a given document should be created, e.g. a invoice is sent to an accountant to who accepts it - then the main accountant accepts again, stays here in SharePoint list.

Condition 1:

You could use the Switch action to structure your Flow. When the new item created, extract the type of invoice to do next steps.

Condition 2:

You just do the same things in your version.

Condition 3:

You can create two-level approval, when a new item create -> start approval (an accountant) -> condition ( determine status) -> start approval (main accountant) -> condition ( determine status)-> delete the item or keep the item.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Thank you for the response but i've tried build with two level approval. But on the other hand 2 of accountants get a lot of e-mail messages. So the approvals which go to their e-mails they can be gone or the workers sometimes cannot read that approvals. I've just tried with notifcations too but it ends when someone only creates the item. Can I ask about other proposal of that solution. I was looking for other ways but i haven't found it. I would be grateful.

Best regards.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prochotap,

You can create an agent approver to approve these requests when both accountants leave.

There is no feature that can automatically approve when the approver is away.

You can consider configuring an approval time in the request. When the Approval requests time out, automatically reject or approve.Annotation 2019-10-09 143240.png

Annotation 2019-10-09 143305.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Can you please tell me what about waiting to change in "Realization status" because:

1) I have now 5 statuses: "Rejected", "Unchecked", "After description", "Initially introduced" and "Accepted and paid" .

2) When in "switch action" I choose "Unchecked" when I add element in SharePoint list then I got switch action again. This time let the first accountant the time about 10 minutes. And this employee should change status to: "Rejected", "After description" and "Initially introduced". After choosing status "After description" then there is again "switch action" and then are 2 possibilities selecting to: "Rejected" and "Initially introduced"

But i have a question for now: Can i use "compose" to wait of changing status after 1-st "switch action" to 2-nd "switch action" or something else? Please for reply.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prochotap,

Instead of Compose, the Variable will more suitable for your requirement, each time after status changes, set Variable as you want.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-litu-msft 

"Instead of Compose, the Variable will more suitable for your requirement, each time after status changes, set Variable as you want."

As for as Variable is concerned how can I use to wait of changing status after 1-st "switch action" to 2-nd "switch action". I have still no idea.

Greetings

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,769)