cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeeLearnMSFT
Frequent Visitor

Monthly Reminder Email Flow - How to Include a Link to Microsoft List Table

I created a reminder email flow and I just copied and pasted the address to our Microsoft List table that I want users to manage each month.  I would kick out this reminder email and attach this link in there so that they can just quickly press the link and would take them directly to the Microsoft List.  Does anyone know what is a good and clean way of doing this.

I am sorry I do not have any training in this and I am probably the first one in our organization to attempt to use this.  

Also is there a way to change the email message, I think the email comes in saying Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate.  can I change this as well?

To test this flow I sent it to myself first, it did not work.  I sent it to my colleague and they got it.  I sent it to my personal mail and it came through.  Can I not test it on myself?

Thank you for helping and your patience. 

3 REPLIES 3
AnthonyAmador
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

Can you share a screenshot of your flow to better understand what your problem is?

I was thinking of the action "create a sharing link for a file or folder" in SP but you need the item ID first before use this action.

I normally test my flows sending it to myself, but I want to see your flow to know what action you are using. 

Cheers.

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1624651807025.png

@AnthonyAmador 

Here is a screenshot of the email. I cut out pieces for privacy purposes but you can see the long link that takes us to the Microsoft list.  And you can also see the where the email is coming from - "Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate".  I wanted to change where its coming from is t his possible?  Is this a bit better?  Sorry for the late response.

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

While ‘Send an email (V2)’ is using a connection to ‘Office 365 Outlook’, that means your email address by default, the ‘Send an email notification (V3)’ has ‘Mail’ connection, a generic connection to the Power Apps and Power Automate platform. Using ‘Send an email notification (V3)’ will send the email from ‘microsoft@powerapps.com’ address.

In the action ‘Send an email (V2)’ you also can select the sender. 

AnthonyAmador_0-1625845937436.png

Hope this helps. 

Cheers. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,927)