cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Pulling specific data from Planner Task details for ticketing system.

I am creating a simple ticketing system for my company using Forms, and Planner Task. 

I have successfully created the first portion in which a user submits a form, I pull data from that submission to generate an email to the submitter, and create a task in a group planner. In the first flow, I have  set the "Update Task"  action  which is on a 15 second delay  which  pulls details from the newly created task such as Location of request, Email of requester ( the user who submitted the form) -  

What I am looking for is to create the second flow  and to pull specific information from the task details.

I would like to the flow to go as follows. 

When a task is completed 

Get Task Details 

Compose ( description of task) 

Apply to each 

Add a row into a table 

ONLY PULL the employee emails to populate column and separate that information from the rest of the task details.  

Would there be a function that could be created to do this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Pulling specific data from Planner Task details for ticketing system.

Hi!

Sorry it's probably me, but I don't clearly understand what you are looking for.

First, You mention an 'Apply to each'... does it mean you wanna iterate all through the 'Assigned To' users?

Second, you mention "ONLY PULL the employee emails to populate column and separate that information from the rest of the task details".. so you are looking for a way to obtain each 'Assigned To' email address? If so, please check this approach

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Email-a-user-who-has-had-a-tak-assigne-to...

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pulling specific data from Planner Task details for ticketing system.

@efialttes I think I explained it fairly wrong. 

Basically I want to pull an email address from the  planner body to populate a cell in an excel file. 

The Email address is always the last line of the planner description. 

Currently I have  lastIndexOf(body('get_task_details')?['description'],'.com')

however it is pulling number. 

Any idea how to update the expression to pull and show email address? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,806)