cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emin
Level: Powered On

Schedule a flow to run ONCE without recurrence

I want to schedule a Flow that will send a survey after a training class. The Flow would go through the list and e-mail the link to a Forms form about 30 minutes after the scheduled conclusion of the class. This obviously will happen only once, there is no recurrence, but I don't see a way to do this. The only "Schedule" trigger is "Recurrence" which makes no sense in my scenario. "Delay" would be awesome, because I could then specify the date and hour, but it is not a trigger. Any way to do this? Other than using a manual triggering (which kind of negates the purpose, I want to schedule it once per class in advance and not have to think about it).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Schedule a flow to run ONCE without recurrence

Hi @Emin ,

Thanks for updating.

I assume that button trigger would work for your scenario.

You could consider adding a Button trigger, then specify Date, Minute, Second from the button, using the following function to generate a date and time which will be used in Delay until action later:

concat(triggerBody()['date'],' ',triggerBody()['number'],':',triggerBody()['number_1'])

Add action Convert time zone to convert your local time to UTC.

Add Delay until action, and format the date time with the following code:

formatDateTime(body('Convert_time_zone'),'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mmZ')

Then once you click the button and give a date time, the flow will be triggered and send an email at the given time.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Emin 

Please refer to the flow below.

flowoff.png

The turn off flow action will simply turn the flow off so you can add this step at the end of your flow. Please note that if you are creating a new flow and the adding this step the new flow might not show up in the drop down. So save the flow first and then create this step. 

Hope this Helps! 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Emin ,

Could you share more details on how the training class is scheduled?

If it is scheduled on Office 365 Outlook calendar, you may take a try with the trigger When an upcoming event is starting soon, then send an email with the forms link 30 minutes later.

Please share more details on your scenario, we will help figure out the flow.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Emin

Well, the simplest scenario is that there would be a trigger called "Run once" or something, where I could just enter time and date to trigger a flow. Is that possible? It looks like the simplest possible thing to do. 

And yes, they scheduled with Office calendar, but it is a special group calendar. However, attaching the trigger to this would be cumbersome. Those are 2-3 days events and they as "whole day" events in the calendar, whereas the feedback form should be sent around 6pm on the last day. 

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Emin ,

Thanks for updating.

I assume that button trigger would work for your scenario.

You could consider adding a Button trigger, then specify Date, Minute, Second from the button, using the following function to generate a date and time which will be used in Delay until action later:

concat(triggerBody()['date'],' ',triggerBody()['number'],':',triggerBody()['number_1'])

Add action Convert time zone to convert your local time to UTC.

Add Delay until action, and format the date time with the following code:

formatDateTime(body('Convert_time_zone'),'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mmZ')

Then once you click the button and give a date time, the flow will be triggered and send an email at the given time.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Emin , 

I would also consider using flic as an input. 

https://flic.io/shop/flic-1pack

All you have to do is configure the flow to run when the flic button is pressed. If you are not aware of flic, it is a device that connects with bluetooth to your phone and you can trigger/ set/ automate about anything with the flic button. It comes with a cost of about 35$ though. 

Thanks,

Emin

@v-yamao-msftthanks, this is a workable workaround. 

However, this is still a workaround. I hope someone from Microsoft notices and implements a simple "run once" trigger. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,591)