cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wong_MR
Frequent Visitor

Send email reminders, including contents of the previous reminder(s)

Hi there, I have a job task where I need to send three email reminders to my colleagues.

1. The first reminder is to be sent on the first Friday.

2. The second one is to be sent one week later.

3. The final email reminder is to be sent one more week later.

For the first reminder, I can use "Send an email (V2)" to send the reminder. However, for the second reminder, I would like the second reminder email to keep the email content of the first reminder as well. That means I don't want to send a new, separate reminder email. I want to include the contents of the first reminder like replying to the first reminder, but of course the To List is not to myself.

Is it possible to do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Wong_MR this is how this can be done, see if this works for you:

Each task has a unique task Id which will have to part of the subject of the email.

Then you can do get emails action and add filters in the action with subject = taskID (can use equals/contains query)

With this you will get your specific email and then you will get your message ID

Now once you have the task Id and message Id you make an entry in the SharePoint list

When you want to send reminder second reminder, for the specific task you have the task Id in the SharePoint list, so you can do get items with filter and get your item along with that you get message Id for the first email you sent. So now you can use forward an email or reply an email action.

Again when this email is sent you capture the subject do get emails action with filter just like before and get message Id and then store in list column.

On third reminder, for specific task you again query list and get the item and refer second column with fwd/reply message Id.

I tried something but implementing the whole logic is too much of work so you can try 

jinivthakkar_0-1620384055951.png

jinivthakkar_1-1620384139335.png

jinivthakkar_2-1620384165319.png

Basically here I am using SharePoint list to store email subject and message Id which I can later use to fwd/reply emails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Wong_MR you could use Forward and email action or Reply to email action with different content 

jinivthakkar_0-1619779540958.png

but first when you send the first reminder, you need to save the message ID somewhere which you can use while sending reminder 2 & 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you @jinivthakkar. Do you know how I can save the first and second message ID within Power Automate for my use in the reminder 2 & 3?

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Wong_MR are you using SharePoint by any chance?

Yes, but not much. Why? Do I have to use SharePoint for this?

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Wong_MR this is how this can be done, see if this works for you:

Each task has a unique task Id which will have to part of the subject of the email.

Then you can do get emails action and add filters in the action with subject = taskID (can use equals/contains query)

With this you will get your specific email and then you will get your message ID

Now once you have the task Id and message Id you make an entry in the SharePoint list

When you want to send reminder second reminder, for the specific task you have the task Id in the SharePoint list, so you can do get items with filter and get your item along with that you get message Id for the first email you sent. So now you can use forward an email or reply an email action.

Again when this email is sent you capture the subject do get emails action with filter just like before and get message Id and then store in list column.

On third reminder, for specific task you again query list and get the item and refer second column with fwd/reply message Id.

I tried something but implementing the whole logic is too much of work so you can try 

jinivthakkar_0-1620384055951.png

jinivthakkar_1-1620384139335.png

jinivthakkar_2-1620384165319.png

Basically here I am using SharePoint list to store email subject and message Id which I can later use to fwd/reply emails.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,296)